Have you recently purchased a Stream Deck and are wondering how long it takes to fully charge the console? After all, you don’t want to hit the road and realise that you don’t have enough battery to play your favorite games.
In this article, we are going to take a look at how long the Steam Deck takes to charge and how long the battery actually lasts on the console. Let’s jump in.
How Long Does It Take To Charge A Steam Deck
The Steam Deck will charge to 80% battery in approximately 100 minutes while it will take another 80 minutes to charge the battery to completion.
This means it will take approximately 3 hours in total to charge your console from dead. You can safely leave the console plugged in and charging overnight. Valve has stated that it will stop charging the battery once full. When the battery runs down to a certain level, it will begin to charge again until full. Valve did this to protect and optimize long term battery health on the console.
How To Know If A Steam Deck Is Charging
You can tell if your Steam deck is charging or not by looking at the LED indicator on the console. If the LED is lit, this means that your console is receiving charge. The LED Light will stay on until the console is fully charged, at which point it will turn off.
If the LED light flashes after trying to turn your console on, it means that the battery is completely dead and needs to be charged.
Can You Use A Steam Deck While Charging
Yes, you can safely use a Steam Deck while it is plugged in and charging. As you are playing while charging, the charging process will take significantly longer. Depending on how power-hungry the game you are playing is, will determine how long it takes to charge.
Even with power-hungry Triple A titles, your Steam Deck should be charging at a faster rate than the console is using power meaning you can play as long as you want while plugged in.
How Long Does Steam Deck Charge Last?
Battery life is one of the downsides of this amazing console.
The Steam deck battery will last approximately 4 hours with low power consumption games and as low as 1 hour 30 minutes on power-hungry triple A titles.
We highly recommend purchasing a power bank if you plan on using your Steam Deck somewhere where power is not available. This will allow you to have much longer gaming sessions without running your battery down.
Power Bank For Steam Deck
- The Anker Advantage: Join the 55 million+ powered by our leading technology.
- High-Speed Charging: PowerCore’s USB-C port can provide up to 45W of charging power—that’s enough to charge your MacBook to 40% in just 30 minutes.
- Charge 3 Device at Once: Use the USB-C port and dual 12W USB-A ports to charge 3 of your mobile devices at the same time. Note: the total max output when all ports are connected is 60W.
- Huge Cell Capacity: Charge an iPhone 11 up to 4 times, a 2020 iPad Pro 11ʺ one and a half times, and a 2020 MacBook Air once thanks to the huge 19,200mAh cell capacity.
- What You Get: PowerCore III 19K 45W, USB-C to USB-C cable, travel pouch, welcome guide, our worry-free 18-month warranty, and friendly customer service.
So there you have it, it will take approximately 1 hour 40 mins to charge your console to 80% and approximately 3 hours to fully charge the console from dead. Don’t worry though, you can play your console while it is plugged in and charging.
Read More From Get On Stream: