Since the start of Twitch streaming, streamers have had to use a third-party streaming software such as OBS or Xsplit to stream their gameplay. However recently this changed. Twitch has released its very own streaming software called Twitch Studio.
It has all the features you need to get a high-quality stream up and running. In this article, we will show you how to add a webcam to Twitch Studio. Let’s jump in.
How To Add A Webcam To Twitch Studio
Twitch Studio works very similarly to OBS & Streamlabs. We use scenes and layers to create our stream. Follow the steps below to add a webcam to your scene in Twitch studio:
- Open the Twitch Studio Application on your computer
- In Twitch Studio navigate to the scene you want to add a webcam to or create a new scene
- Click on the edit button on the scene you want to edit
- Click on the add layer button to add a new layer to the scene
- Select “Webcam” from the list of layers. As you can see below this will also create linked layers. This means that if you add this webcam layer to another scene and make changes to it in one scene, it will change in all other scenes it is present.
Click on the add button to add it to the scene.
- You will now see a webcam box appear in the scene. It may default to your webcam but if you have multiple capture devices connected to your computer it may not. To choose the correct webcam click on the change button to the right of the scene.
Select your actual camera from the drop-down box and click on Done. Your camera will now appear in the scene.
- You can drag the edges of the webcam to adjust the size and shape of your webcam. You can click and drag to re-position your webcam.
You have now successfully added a webcam to your stream in Twitch Studio.
How To Change The Webcam Border In Twitch Studio
Twitch Studio has a feature built into the software allowing you to add a border to your webcam. Follow the steps below to add or remove a border in Twitch Studio:
- Select the webcam layer in your scene
- In the settings panel on the right-hand side scroll down to Border
- Click on “Edit Border”
- Here you can adjust the color, size, opacity and rounding of your border. Adjust these settings to get your desired border effect. If you want to remove the border completely set the border size to zero.
You have now successfully adjusted the border on your Webcam in Twitch Studio.
Other Webcam Features
There are also some other webcam features in Twitch studio.
Blur – The blur feature allows you to add a blur effect to your webcam
Brightness & Contrast – This feature allows you to adjust the brightness and contrast of your webcam. Depending on your lighting setup adjusting these settings may give you a better-looking webcam.
Green Screen Effect – If you have a green screen you can use the green screen effect to chroma key out your background directly in Twitch Studio.
Color Filter – Color filter has a range of filters you can apply to your webcam to adjust the look and feel of your webcam footage.
Opacity – This allows you to adjust the opacity of your webcam.
You now know how to add and adjust your webcam in Twitch Studio. We highly recommend adding a webcam to your stream as it allows your viewers to get to know you better and see your reactions during gameplay.
Read More From Get On Stream: