Are you looking to add some new information to your stream overlay but the fonts available in Streamlabs and OBS just don’t fit your brand? Don’t worry, in this tutorial we are going to show you how to add any font you want to your stream.
This is a great way to make your stream look more professional and keep everything on brand in your overlay.
Let’s jump in and get started.
How To Add Fonts To Streamlabs
Before you can add a new font to OBS you need to download and install the font on your computer.
I recommend checking out the Dafont website for a ton of free fonts in lots of different styles. Search for the font you want to download, click on the download button, then follow the steps below.
- Open the Fonts Zip file you downloaded on your computer
- Double click the .ttf font file to open it. You will see the screen below
- Now click on the install button in the top left hand corner. The font will now install on your computer.
- If you have Streamlabs currently open close it and re-open it. If you don’t do this you may not see the font in Streamlabs.
How To Use The Font In Streamlabs
Now that you have the font installed on your computer you will be able to use it in Streamlabs.
Just open Streamlabs and and navigate to the sources section. Click on the “+” icon to add a new source.
Select the Text (GDI+) source and give it a name.
You will now see the text editor box. Here we can select the font that we just installed on our computer. Make sure to untick google font or you may not be able to see it.
In the font family section scroll down until you see the font that you installed. You can then add your text in and use this font inside Streamlabs.
This is a really good way to help make your stream stand out from others out there who are stuck using default fonts.
How To Use Custom Fonts In OBS Studio
Using fonts in OBS studio is just the same process as using them in Streamlabs. Follow the first section of this tutorial to get the font installed on your computer and then it will be able to be used in OBS Studio. To add text in OBS Studio follow the steps below:
- Open OBS Studio
- Navigate to Sources and click on the “+” icon
- From menu select Text (GDI+)
- Give your source a name and click OK
- Click on select font
- Scroll through the fonts to find the name of the font you just installed
You should now have access to the font you installed inside OBS Studio.
You can now customize the fonts on your stream and create some amazing looking overlays. You can even use the custom fonts on your stream labels for new subscribers and followers etc. Enjoy standing out from the competition.
Read More From Get On Stream: