Discord is one of the best platforms for gamers and streamers. If you signed up for your account a few years ago when it first came out you probably just added a random birth date. With the growth of discord over the past few years, there is a lot more reasons to use the platform than there was when it first came out. There is Gaming servers, Sports servers, crypto servers and if your on this article you might be trying to access a NSFW server.
For example you may have set your birthdate too young and you are unable to access certain age restricted servers that are NSFW. In this article we are going to take a look at how you can change your age on discord. Let’s jump in.
Can I Change My Age In Discord Settings
Unfortunately, you are unable to change your date of birth from the settings menu. Of course this makes sense as you should have initially signed up with your real date of birth.
Discord don’t make it easy to change your date of birth as they know that there is content on their platform that should be age restricted. They have to take some measures to ensure that their platform is as safe as possible.
So, if you are unable to change your date of birth from the settings menu, how can you do it?
How To Change Your Age On Discord
If you really need to change your date of birth on Discord, there are two options.
Method 1 – Contact Discord Support
There are situations where you may have genuinely made a mistake with your age when signing up and now want to adjust it to the correct age. To do this you can reach out to Discord support.
- Contact discord support through this link
- From the drop down select “Trust & Safety”. Add your email address linked to your account. On the second drop down select “Appeals, Age update, other questions” and then on the third drop down select “Update my age information”.
- Fill in the rest of the required information from Discord. You will have to provide them with the reason you need to change your age and also provide ID verification so that discord can ensure your age is actually correct this time. For ID verification they require you to take a photo of yourself holding the ID as well as a piece of paper with your Discord ID on it.
Once you are finished you can click on the submit button and you should hear back from the support team within a few days.
Method 2 – Create A New Account
If you don’t want to go through the whole ID verification process then you can simply create a new account on Discord. Just remember this time to enter your real date of birth. Discord allows you to create multiple accounts however you will have to use a second email address.
To create a new Discord account follow the steps below:
- Click here to go to the Discord Sign up page
- You will see the screen below where you can create your username, password and enter your date of birth.
- Once you have filled in the required info, accept the Terms and conditions and click on the continue button.
You have now successfully created a new Discord account with the correct date of birth. Feel free to access any discord server you want without age restriction.
Can You Lie About Your Age On Discord?
Yes, you can lie about your age on Discord and not much will be done about it. Discord do bot verify your age unless you request to change your age like we mentioned above. However just because you can does not mean you should. There is a reason that servers are age restricted. If you are not the age to access them it is probably best to just stay away from them.
Now you know how to change your age on Discord with this quick and easy guide. Hopefully contacting Discord was a smooth process and you were able to get your age changed so you can now access those Discord servers you previously couldn’t.
Read More From Get On Stream: