Your go live message on Twitch is more exciting than you probably think. Every time you go live on Twitch your followers receive a notification on their mobile device if they have the Twitch app installed.
This message can be the difference in getting somebody into your stream and somebody not bothering to click at all. Leaving it as the default go live message is wasted real estate. Let’s jump in and show you how to change your go live message on Twitch.
What Is A Go Live Message On Twitch?
A go live message on Twitch is the message that gets sent to your followers when you go live. If your followers have the Twitch app installed on their phone with notifications turned on, they will see your message. This message is an opportunity to draw your follower into your stream.
We have a full article on the best go live messages for Twitch but first learn how to change your go live message on twitch.
How To Change Your Go Live Message On Twitch
You change your go live message within the Twitch platform it self. You obviously want to do this before going live. Follow the steps below to change your go live message.
- Open Twitch.tv on your PC
- Click on your profile picture in the top right hand corner in the top right hand corner of Twitch –> Click on Creator Dashboard.
- In your creator dashboard click on Stream Manager on the left hand side. In your stream manager click on the “Edit Stream Info” button.
- Here you will be able to set your Twitch go live message. Underneath the Title section there is a section where you can change your “Go Live Notification”. Type the go live notification of your choice into the box.
- Click on the done button to save your go live message.
You have now added a brand new go live message to your stream. Make sure to use a good intriguing go live message if you want to convert as many notifications as possible into viewers.
You have now successfully added a brand new go live message to your stream. If you have crafted an intriguing message you should expect to see a jump in the amount of people clicking your notifications. This is obviously a huge bonus for your stream.
You should switch up your go live message every 7 days or so to keep it fresh. As people see the message multiple times it becomes less effective.
Read More From Get On Stream: