For many, Discord has become one of the primary ways for them to socialize and make friends throughout the years. However, because of the sheer number of communities and people you can interact with, some find it difficult to keep up with their constantly growing friend lists.
Previously, Discord did not give you any option to check the number of friends you have. This is all fixed now, and currently, the way to check how many friends you have on Discord is actually just as simple and straightforward as it always should have been.
Where Can You See Your Friend Count On Discord
As it stands, to check your friend count on Discord you have to follow just a few simple steps.
- Log into Discord on either the mobile or desktop app or browser
- Navigate towards the Direct Messages section, on desktop you can do this from the button on the top left of your screen
- Once there, go to the Friends menu and from there click on All, as shown below
- Finally, you will be able to see your Discord account’s total friend count next to All Friends, as you can see in the screenshot below
How Can You Add Or Remove Friends On Discord
Managing friends is something that certain users might struggle with. Adding or removing friends on Discord is made to be a very straightforward process.
How to send a friend request (Method 1)
- To add a friend, first, navigate to the add friend bar shown in the image
- You will be greeted by a search bar where you have to enter the friend’s ID
- From here you simply have to enter your friend’s username and unique discord tag. You must do it in the format discord has specified.
- For example, “FriendName#1234” would be the appropriate format
- Once you’re done, click on the “Send Friend Request” button, and discord will automatically forward your request
- There is a second more straightforward method to send a friend request if you share a server or DMs with another user.
- Hover your mouse over their profile icon and press the right click on your mouse. A menu will pop up.
- Simply click on the “Add Friend” button to directly send your request.
- Alternatively, you can click on the profile option and send a friend request from there as well.
Note: You will not be able to send friend requests to users who have blocked you.
How To Accept A Friend Request
- Navigate to the pending tab in the Discord friends menu as shown
- Once here you will be able to see all your pending friend requests from other Discord users.
- If a request a friend has sent is missing you can try refreshing Discord with “Ctrl+R”. Alternatively, your friend may have made a typo when sending the request.
How To Remove A Friend
- Removing someone from your friend list is a fairly simple and straightforward task.
- You can navigate to your friend’s profile either on any server or DMs you share
- If you can’t do this then navigate to the “All” tab in the friend menu and find that specific user.
- Click on the 3 dots at the right and you will see a couple of options
- Click on the Remove Friend button and that person will be removed from your friend list
- Alternatively, you can right-click on the user and press the Block button. The block button will automatically also remove someone from your friend list.
How Many Friends Does Discord Allow You To Have
Having discussed the problem some users face when they have too many friends on Discord, we should also mention a Discord policy that has users experience an almost exactly opposite issue. You see, Discord has set a cap for the number of friends, as well as the number of friend requests you can send to users at 1000.
This is in theory a very sensible policy, as it helps avoid spam as well as misuse that some users might participate in. It is also not too big of an inconvenience to the wider user base of Discord as even having half of 1000 friends/friend requests is a feat on its own.
With recent changes to Discord, checking your friend count is now very simple, as you simply have to navigate to the All Friends category where it is clearly labeled for you. However, you are still only able to have a thousand friends or outstanding friend requests from your account at a time, which for most users that use the platform casually, isn’t anything to really worry about!
Read More From Get On Stream: