Discord is one of the best platforms for gamers to communicate and find other people to game with. It started back in 2015 and has grown massively over the past 7 years.
You may even be wondering when you created your discord account? There is numerous reasons you may want to know this information. Maybe you just want to find out how long your friend has been on Discord or if someone has been messaging you may want to check if it’s a scam. Generally a scammer will be using an account that is freshly created.
So let’s jump in and show you how to check when any discord account or server was created.
How To Check When A Discord Account Was Created?
To check when a discord account was created we need to use a third party tool. All we have to do is input our account ID and then the tool will return the account creation date. Follow the steps below to get your account ID and use the tool.
- Open the discord desktop or web app
- Go to your settings by clicking the COG icon in the bottom left hand corner
- In your settings go down to advanced on the left hand side and turn on Developer mode.
- Now navigate to My Account and click on the 3 dots to the right of your username
- Click on Copy ID. Now that we have our user ID we need to go to the third party tool to get your account creation date
- Go to Discord ID Creation Date Tool. Paste your account ID into the Discord ID Section. Click on check the date.
As you can see the date your account was created will appear in the Result section. You can see that my account was created back in 2016.
How To Find A Friends Discord ID
If you want to look up another persons account then you will need their discord ID. To get their ID you will need to login to discord on your browser.
Once logged in on your browser navigate to a chat with the user you want to find the ID for. When you are in the private chat screen you will be able to get their User ID from the URL.
Copy this ID from the URL and paste it into the creation date checker tool to find out when your friends account was created.
You can now see how long this person has been on Discord for. If you are doing some kind of deal with someone you do not know and their account is very new I would recommend staying well away from it.
If you want to check when a discord server was created read on.
How To Check When A Discord Server Was Created
If you want to check when a discord server was created we can do that using the same tool. First we need to find the Discord server ID. To do this follow the step below on Discord in your web browser.
- Open Discord.com on your web browser
- Navigate to the server you want to get the ID for
- When you are in the server you will be able to see a string of numbers in the URL. To get the age of the server we need to copy the first string of numbers. This is the server ID.
- Now paste that ID into the Discord Creation Date tool. It will return the date that the server was created.
Now you know exactly when your favourite Discord server was started.
How To Check When A Discord Channel Was Created
If you want to check when specific channels in a discord were created we can also do this with the Discord Creation Date tool. To check this follow the steps below:
- Open Discord.com on a web browser
- Navigate to the Discord Server and channel you want to get the ID for
- When you are in the server click on the channel you wan to find the creation date for. You will be able to see a string of numbers in the URL. To get the age of a specific channel we need to copy the second string of numbers. This is the channel ID.
- Paste the channel ID into the Discord Creation Date Tool. It will return the date that the specific Discord channel was created.
How To Find Discord IDs On Mobile
You also have the ability to find discord IDs on your mobile app. Follow the steps below to find the ID you are looking for. First you will need to turn developer mode on in mobile:
- Click on the your avatar in the bottom right hand corner of the screen.
- Scroll down to “App Settings” and click on “Behaviour”
- Enable Developer Mode
- Navigate to “User Settings” –> “Appearance” –> “Advanced”
- Enable Developer mode
Now that we have enabled developer mode we can get user and channel IDs on the mobile app.
How To Find Discord User ID On Mobile
First let’s cover how to find your own user ID.
- Open the Discord mobile app
- Click on your profile image in the bottom right hand corner
- On your profile page click on the 3 dots in the top right hand corner –> Copy ID
How To Find Someone Else’s Discord ID
You can also find anyone else’s Discord ID in the app. Follow the steps below to get their ID.
- To find someones ID in the Discord App we need to click on their profile. This can be done from the friends screen or by clicking on anyones profile in a server.
- When you click on their profile click on the 3 dots at the right hand side of their name then click “Copy ID”
How To Find Discord Server ID on Mobile
Follow the steps below to find a Discord Server ID on Mobile.
- Navigate to the server you want the ID for
- Click on the 3 dots to the right of the community name
- Scroll down to Developer Mode and click on Copy ID
How To Find Discord Channel ID On Mobile
To find a channel ID on mobile follow the steps below:
- Navigate to the discord server and channel you want the ID for
- Tap and hold on the channel that you want the ID for
- Click on Copy ID
You can now use any of these IDs in the Discord Creation Date tool to find out when they were created.
So there you have it. That is how you check how long a Discord account, server or channel has been around for.
Read More From Get On Stream: