Wear and tear is an annoying occurrence that plagues most modern consoles. You pay all this money just for your console to get thousands of random little scratches over the years, and that is a bummer for everyone. Also, you should always try to take the utmost care to keep your consoles clean and in a safe location.
When it comes to those scratches you see, you can actually get rid of them and restore your console to its former glory! Today we’re going to tell you how to clean the outside of your Xbox Series X and remove any scratches that you might have on its glossy surface.
How To Clean The Outside Of An Xbox Series X
If you’re looking for just a general cleaning, the most common recommendation is to use 70% isopropyl alcohol. A very important thing to note is that you should absolutely not use any sort of abrasive cloth.
Only use high-quality microfiber towels and apply the isopropyl solution evenly on the surface of your console after plugging it out of the outlet. It is also recommended that you use this solution on any other Xbox hardware you might have since it is a good idea to keep everything clean and sanitized.
How To Get Rid Of Scratches On An Xbox Series X
Getting rid of scratches on any console is a bit more complicated than simply wiping the surface down with isopropyl alcohol. To get rid of scratches, you’re going to need a few things:
- A very good microfiber towel
- An application pad
- Either plastic polish or car polish
- Masking tape
- Detailer spray
Once you get all of these items, you’re going to want to follow these steps (don’t worry, there’s no risk of damaging your Xbox):
- Use the slightly damp microfiber towel to gently wipe the glossy side of your Xbox Series X
- Apply the masking tape to the surface of the Xbox where the textures of the plastic meet, so no liquids can get into your console for the next steps
- Apply a few pea-sized drops of the polish of your choice to the application pad
- Start scrubbing the scratched surface in a circular motion for one minute, making sure to scrub the entire scratched area
- Once you’ve done that, let the polish dry and remove it with the damp microfiber towel
- After you’ve removed the polish, you should notice fewer scratches on your console. Repeat steps 3-5 until you’re satisfied with how many scratches you’ve removed
- This process will create some new small scratches but you can remove them by applying the polish just like in step 3 and lightly wiping the scratched surface vertically and horizontally multiple times
- Remove the polish with the microfiber towel
- Finally, use some of that detailer spray to lightly wipe down the scratched area to make it shinier
If you’ve followed these steps as prescribed, you should notice that your Xbox Series X has noticeably fewer scratches than it did before. Of course, this will not bring your console to mint condition, but it should vastly improve the look of it and make it look less worn.
How Often Should You Clean Your Xbox Series X?
The official cleaning page for the Xbox Series X says that you should clean your Xbox Series X every three to six months. Of course, depending on how frequently you use your console and the dust situation in your house, you can freely clean it more frequently.
Can You Use Toothpaste To Clean Your Xbox Series X?
There are some unconventional cleaning methods on the Internet that people love to spread and vouch for. This ranges from anything to using WD 40, rubbing bananas on the scratched console, or even using toothpaste.
While toothpaste does have a mild abrasive effect to it, improper use can lead to complications and a gunky console. The best thing to do is to use the steps that we have recommended because they are always reliable and really hard to mess up!
How To Clean The Inside Of Your Xbox Series X
Most consoles have dust problems that can slow down their operation efficiency and make them stutter or even burn out, depending on the state of them.
If you notice that your Xbox Series X is a little slow or you can see dust coming out of the ports, you should take it to any electronics store you have near you and see if they can open it and clean it.
Doing it yourself is surely possible but it is much safer to trust the professionals. Every three to six months should be more than enough for all your cleaning intentions!
That would be all we have to say about cleaning and maintaining your Xbox Series X. Keeping your consoles and appliances clean and neat is a very important part of owning them, so make sure to keep an eye on them! We sincerely hope that you have enjoyed what we have presented today and that all of your questions have been answered!