Have you just picked up a pair of Airpods and are falling in love with them? Before you get a pair you think they are kind of silly but once you start using them, you can’t live without them. If you have regularly been using them with your iPhone, you may be wondering if you can use them with Discord on your Windows PC.
In this article, we are going to cover how you can connect your Airpods To Discord so you can game using your Airpods.
Do Airpods Work With Discord On Windows?
Yes, Airpods work on Windows PCs and you can use them as the default audio device in Discord. The Airpods are able to connect to your Windows PC via Bluetooth. You will need to ensure that you have a Bluetooth adapter on your PC. This may be built into your motherboard or you may need an external Bluetooth adapter.
How To Connect Airpods To Windows
Follow the steps below to connect your Airpods to Windows and Discord:
- Click on the Windows button on your PC and search for settings
- In the settings panel click on Devices
- Go to the “Bluetooth & Other Devices” Panel
- Make sure that Bluetooth is turned on
- Click on “Add Bluetooth or other device”
- Click on Bluetooth. Your computer will now start searching for Bluetooth Devices
- Now open the lid of your AirPods case and hold the button of the back of the case until the light inside the case flashes white
- Wait a few seconds and you should now see your Airpods in the “Add A Device Window”
- Click on “Pair and Connect”
- Your Airpods will now be connected
Your Airpods are now connected to your PC and you will be able to hear audio. However your Airpods may not be working as a microphone just yet. Follow the steps below if the microphone isn’t working.
- Click on the Windows button and search for “Sound Settings”
- Here you will see Output and Input settings. In the choose Input section make sure you have your Airpods selected.
You should now be able to use the microphone on your Airpods.
How To Make Airpods Work On Discord
Once you have connected your Airpods to your computer, you need to ensure that they are your default audio device in Discord. Follow the steps below to ensure they are the default audio device.
- Open Discord on your computer
- Click on the settings COG in the bottom left-hand corner of Discord
- Navigate to Voice & Video on the left-hand side
- Ensure that your Input and Output devices are both set to Airpods
Your AirPods are now successfully connected to your Windows PC and Discord. You can join a call on Discord to test it out.
Why Do My Airpods Sound So Bad On PC?
Generally, when you connect your Airpods to your PC you will not get as good of sound or microphone quality as you would on a Macbook or iPhone. While listening to audio on the Airpods is okay, the microphone quality is terrible and we would not recommend using it.
The best setup is to use the Airpods for audio and use an external microphone or a microphone built into your laptop.
Hopefully, this article has helped you get your Airpods connected to your computer and Discord. Unfortunately, the quality is not as good as if you are using the Airpods with other Apple devices. If you are in a jam though, the Airpods can come in useful on your PC.
Read More From Get On Stream: