There is likely a time in your Twitch career when you will need to reach out to Twitch Support to resolve a problem. Maybe you receive a suspension on your channel that is unwarranted, maybe you have a question about setting up emotes. Whatever it is, hopefully, Twitch staff will be able to resolve your problem.
Let’s show you how to contact Twitch Support as fast as possible. There is nothing worse than planning a big stream and getting your audience excited only to get a temporary ban.
How To Contact Twitch Support
There are two methods to contact Twitch and get a reply as fast as possible.
Contact Twitch By Email
This is the most common way to contact Twitch and is the most likely to receive a reply as fast as possible. You can follow the steps below to contact Twitch support via email:
- Click here to go to the Twitch support page
- Either enter your name, username and email or login into your account. We recommend logging into your account to ensure you make no mistakes on your info. This will make the process as fast as possible.
- Once you login you will see all of your account information including your username and email.
- Select from the category dropdown the most relevant selection for your problem. You can then select a sub-category. (Try and be as accurate as possible with this so that it goes to the correct department and your query gets resolved as fast as possible).
- A box will now appear where you can fill in more information about the problem you are having with Twitch.
- Fill in all of this information giving as much detail about your problem as possible, select the captcha and submit your query.
You will now have to wait for Twitch to respond to you about your query.
Contact Twitch Via Twitter
Twitch also have a Twitch Support Page where they will report any outages or problems Twitch is having. Unless you have a big following it is unlikely that you will get your problem solved through this page. The page is mainly used to quickly get out information on any problems they are having on their end.
Can You Contact Twitch By Phone?
No, Twitch does not have a phone number you can call. The only option you have is to contact them via email or tweet at them and wait for a reply. Hopefully in the future Twitch will add a phone support number but this is unlikely.
Is There A Live Chat For Twitch
No, Twitch currently does not have a live chat function. Unfortunately, the fastest way to get in contact with them is through their support portal or Twitter support page.
How Long Does It Take Twitch Support To Reply
Twitch support will usually get back to you within 5-7 business days when you submit a ticket through their support system. If you have a larger following or just get lucky you may be able to get a quicker response from them by publicly tweeting to them on Twitter.
What Gets You Banned On Twitch?
There are many things that can get you banned on Twitch. We put together a full list of things you can and cannot do on Twitch. We recommend checking out this article and also reviewing Twitch’s community guidelines. This will give you a much better idea of what can and cannot be done on the platform.
How To Appeal A Ban On Twitch
If you have recently been banned on Twitch then you may want to submit an appeal rather than contacting support. If you believe your ban was a mistake or unwarranted then it is worth making an appeal through the appeals system.
- Navigate to the Twitch Appeals Portal
- Login to your Twitch account
- If you have any enforcements against your channel in the past 60 days you will have the option to appeal them here.
- Select the enforcement you want to appeal. Enter the information on why you think the enforcement was unwarranted and should be reversed.
- Click submit to submit your appeal. You will be able to view the status of your appeal in this portal. Once your appeal has been reviewed you will get a notification about the status of your appeal.
Hopefully, this helps you to get your account back if you have wrongfully had your account terminated.
How Long Does It Take Twitch To Respond To Appeals
Generally, it will take Twitch a few business days to review and determine the result of an appeal. Depending on how many appeals they are may shorten or lengthen this time frame. In most cases you will have an answer within a week.
How To Check If Twitch Is Down
If you are experiencing problems with Twitch being down or your login not working the problem may not be isolated to you. Occasionally there may be some downtime from Twitch. You can check the Twitch Status page to see whether or not everything is working from Twitch’s side.
It gives you a clear view of whether or not everything is online and records any historical outages that have recently happened on the platform.
Now you know how to contact Twitch and get a reply from them as fast as possible. Hopefully, any problem you have will get resolved as soon as possible. If you have received a temporary suspension the best thing to do is simply wait it out as Twitch do not usually go back on its decisions.
Read More From Get On Stream: