Crossplay is probably one of the biggest improvements in gaming. No more battling over which console you and your friends should purchase as everyone can play together across different platforms.
Some games don’t have a crossplay feature but Call of Duty Warzone does. If you are having problems connecting to a friend who is on a different console you probably don’t have crossplay enabled. In this article, we are going to show you how to enable crossplay on Warzone. Let’s jump in.
How To Enable Crossplay On Warzone
Enabling crossplay in Warzone will allow players from PC, Xbox and Playstation all to play with each other. This setting should be enabled by default when you first install Warzone. If you are having problems connecting to your friends you may have accidentally disabled crossplay in your settings.
To enable crossplay in Warzone follow the steps below:
- From the main Warzone menu click on the Settings button
- Navigate to the Account section across the top in the settings menu
- The first setting is the crossplay setting. Ensure that this is set to enabled.
If this is set to Enabled you should be able to join a party with your friends on a different console than the one you are playing on.
How To Disable Crossplay In Warzone
There may be a time when you want to disable crossplay in Warzone. You can do this by following the steps below:
- Click on the settings button in the main Warzone menu
- Navigate to the account section along the top row
- The crossplay setting is the first setting. Set this to Disabled.
You will now only be put into lobbies with people who are on the same console that you are playing on.
Why Do People Disable Crossplay In Warzone
Many console players will disable crossplay as they don’t want to play against people who are using a mouse and keyboard. They are a perception that people playing mouse and keyboard have an advantage over controller players. Therefore console players do not want to play against them.
By disabling crossplay they will be put into lobbies with people who are playing on the same console as them. These people are not likely to be using mouse and keyboard.
How To Add Friends On Warzone
Now that you have enabled crossplay you will need to add your friends from other consoles so that you can play with them. You can follow the steps below to add a friend on Warzone:
- Navigate to the main menu of Warzone and select the Social tab in the top right-hand corner.
- When the social tab appears select “Add Friends”
- When adding friends on Warzone there are multiple ways you can add them. You can add them through their Activision ID, Playstation ID, Xbox ID or PC ID. The simplest way to add someone is by using their Activision ID.
- You can ask your friend for their name and number displayed in the top right of their screen.
- Once you have this name and number you can add them in the Add Friends section. Enter their name and number and then click on “Send Invite”.
That is how you add a friend in Call Of Duty Warzone. Your friend should receive your request right away. You will then be able to see them on your friends’ list where you can invite them to your game.
Why Can I Not Join My Friends Warzone Game
The number one reason for not being able to join someone’s game in Warzone is because you have a closed NAT Type. If your NAT Type is closed there is a good chance you will not be able to join very many games. You can see your NAT Type at the bottom of the screen in the main Warzone menu.
If your NAT Type says closed then I would highly recommend checking out our full guide on how to open your nat type in Warzone.
Hopefully, this guide has helped you to enable crossplay in Warzone and add your friends from other consoles. Enjoy playing Warzone in crossplay mode with friends no matter what console they have.
Read More From Get On Stream: