If you’re anything like me, all my devices are in dark mode. It just simply looks better in my opinion. This is no different with Twitch. Luckily Twitch has released a feature allowing you to change the platform into dark mode. So, if you want to take Twitch to the dark side follow the steps below to learn how to enable dark mode on Twitch.
What Is Twitch Dark Mode?
Dark mode on Twitch inverts the colors on your screen. Generally on Twitch you will have a white background and grey text. In dark mode the background will be black and the text will be white. You can see how this looks in the images below.
While I like to use dark mode because I think it looks better, there is actually some other benefits to using it.
Benefits Of Using Twitch Dark Mode
- Some sources state that dark mode may reduce eye strain however there is no conclusive data that proves that it actually works.
- Dark mode will help to save the battery on your device. If you are using an iPad or Phone to watch Twitch this can be extremely helpful.
- It can be better in low light settings. For example if your partner in bed is sleeping you may want to use dark mode to give off less light.
How To Turn On Dark Mode On Twitch – Desktop
Twitch have made it very easy to turn on dark mode on their platform. Just follow the steps below to enable dark mode on your desktop:
- Open Twitch.tv in your browser
- Navigate to the top right hand corner and click on your profile picture
- From the drop down activate the dark mode button
You have now activated dark mode on your desktop version of Twitch. The colors on the Twitch website should now all be inverted.
How To Activate Dark Mode On Twitch – Mobile
You can also activate dark mode on the Twitch mobile app. This is actually where you will get the most benefit out of Dark mode as it will help to save your battery. Follow the steps below to enable Dark Mode on Twitch Mobile:
- Open the Twitch app on your phone or tablet
- Click on your profile image in the top left corner
- Navigate to “Appearance” in the menu
- In the Appearance section you have two options. If your phone settings are in Dark Mode you can select “Match System Theme”. This will default to your phones dark mode setting. Alternatively turn Match system them off and the Dark Mode option will appear. Turn this on.
You have now successfully activated dark mode on your phone or tablet.
That’s all there is to it. You can now enjoy Twitch on the dark side. Hopefully your marathon Twitch watching sessions will now consume less of your battery allowing you to watch for longer without having to find a charger. Enjoy!
Read More From Get On Stream: