The PlayStation 5 is an incredible console with lots of exclusive AAA games. But sometimes, there are issues that pop up every now and then that prevent you from playing.
One of the more common issues of the PlayStation 5 is the error code CE-100095-5. This error shows up whenever a game or app is updated. Sometimes it shows up while trying to open an app or a game.
Today, we are looking at ways to fix error CE-100095-5 on PS5 so you can finally play your game smoothly.
What Is Error CE-100095-5 on PS5
Before we head on to the possible solutions, let us first talk about the error and what is causing it.
The error CE-100095-5 on the PlayStation 5 is, fortunately, a software error and you do not need to replace your unit. This error simply means that the game or app is having a launch problem.
It is possibly caused by a corrupt file during the installation of a game or software. Sometimes, it is also caused by a faulty PS5 system.
There are many instances wherein you may encounter this problem. It may appear when you update a game, install a new game, or update your PS5 software.
If the error CE-100095-5 only shows up in specific games, then that means that it is an installation error on those particular games. However, if it shows up on any app that you open then it is probable that the actual PS5 software has an error.
How To Fix Error CE-100095-5 on PS5
Method 1 – Restart Your Console And Reboot Your Router
Just like other computer or console problems, a simple restart to your PlayStation 5 might solve the problem. You may also restart your router and see if the connectivity issue still comes back.
Restarting your console will trigger a soft reset and it might automatically fix the issue for you. However, if it is a connectivity issue through the router, try to disconnect other devices to ensure that the PS5 is getting the right amount of connection it needs and is not divided between several users.
Method 2 – Check PSN Servers
Sometimes the error CE-100095-5 is caused by the PlayStation network itself. If the PSN is down and you cannot connect properly then the error will surely show up.
Verify if the PSN is working or not by visiting the PlayStation Network status page. This will show if all the PSN services are up and running.
If the PSN is down then you will have to wait for the services to get active once again.
Method 3 – Install Your Game On The Internal Drive
The PlayStation 5 supports external storage. This is great if you have a huge game library and you want to keep them all at once. However, installing the game on an external hard drive might cause the error CE-100095-5.
One way to fix this error is by installing your game but this time choose the internal storage instead. This eliminates the possible data corruption that is happening on your external drive.
Once you have confirmed that the game is working if installed on the internal drive, backup your game files and replace your external storage drive to prevent the error from happening again.
Method 4 – Delete And Reinstall The Game Or Software
The error CE-100095-5 is caused by a corrupted game file. Delete the game or app then reinstall the game to make sure that there are no bad sectors. Make sure that the installation is not interrupted to prevent data corruption.
Do this by following these instructions.
- Go to your Home screen.
- Choose the game that shows up the error.
- Click on Options.
- Select Remove from the list.
- Click Ok.
- Restart your PlayStation 5.
- Go back to your Home screen.
- Choose your game library.
- Navigate to your game or app.
- Click on install.
Method 5 – Install The Latest PS5 System Updates
As mentioned earlier, the error might be caused by the actual PS5 system and not because of a corrupted game file. Installing the latest PS5 system update might fix the problem.
Follow these steps to update your system through the settings.
- Open Settings.
- Select System.
- Click on System Software.
- Click on System Software Update.
- Select to Update System Software.
- Click on Update Using Internet.
- Select Update then click Ok.
- Wait for the update to finish.
- Restart your PlayStation 5.
Follow these steps to update your PlayStation through a USB Flash Drive.
- Make sure that your USB flash drive is using FAT32 format. If not, plug in a computer, then change the format to FAT32.
- Open your flash drive through File Explorer and create a PS5 folder.
- Click this link to visit the official PlayStation 5 update website.
- Scroll down a little bit and click on the PS5 console update file. This will automatically download the PlayStation Update (PUP) file.
- Open your Downloads folder and copy the PUP file to the USB Flash Drive under the PS5 folder.
- Shut down your PlayStation by holding the power button for around three seconds.
- Insert the flash drive to your PS5.
- Hold the power button and you will hear a beep after around seven seconds. Release the power button once you hear the beep.
- Connect your PlayStation controller.
- Press the PS button.
- Continue to boot into Safe Mode and select option number three – Update System Software.
- Click on Update from USB Storage Device then click Ok.
- Wait for the update to finish.
- Restart your PlayStation 5 and test the game or app to see if the PS5 error CE-100095-5 still appears.
Method 6 – Eject And Re-insert The Game Disc
This method is as simple as restarting your PlayStation but it worked for some players. Eject your game disc and re-insert it once again. This might fix your problem and saves you the hassle of doing the methods mentioned above.
Method 7 – Rebuild Your PlayStation 5 Database
This is the last resort if the methods mentioned earlier do not work. It is one of the ways to clean and sort data on your PS5 storage drive.
Follow these steps to rebuild your PS5 database.
- Update your PS5 system software to the latest version. If you have done the previous steps (method 5) then you are good to go here.
- Connect your PS5 controller via USB cable.
- Click on the PS button on your controller and make sure that it is paired properly.
- Boot into Safe Mode. Revisit the steps on method 5 to get into safe mode.
- Once on the Safe Mode options, click on option number 5 – Rebuild Database. Click on Ok
- Your console will start to rebuild its database. Wait for it to finish.
- Restart your console and check if the error still occurs.
Method 8 – Contact PS5 Support
If the steps above did not fix the problem for you then it is time to contact PlayStation support. It might be the case of faulty software, bugs, or even a hardware problem – low chance of this one happening though.
Explain the problem thoroughly to the support so they can mention the right fix for you immediately.
The PlayStation 5 Error CE-100095-5 is an annoying problem that prevents you from enjoying your game. However, it is not the end of it all and there is a fix for it. Follow the steps above and see if it works for you.
Let us know in the comments section which method works. Other players have reported that rebuilding their database fixed the problem. But, that does not mean that it will the be one and only solution to the problem.
Read More From Get On Stream: