When launching the PC version of Fifa 23 many users are experiencing multiple errors from EA Anti-cheat software. You can see the name of the errors outlined below:
- EA AntiCheat Error Failure During Update Process
- EA AntiCheat Service Encountered Error
In this article, we are going to go through all of the known fixes to get past this error and get into building your first squad in Fifa 23.
How To Fix EA AntiCheat Error Fifa 23
Below is a list of fixes that are currently working to fix both of these errors in Fifa 23.
Fix 1 – Restart The Game
Yes, it may sound simple but we may as well try the easy stuff first.
- Close the AntiCheat error message
- Re-launch the game from Origin again
- Repeat this 2/3 times and it may eventually boot up and bypass the error message
If that fails move on the Fix 2.
Fix 2 – Restart Your Whole PC
Next up is rebooting your PC. Sometimes after installing a game or Anti-cheat software your PC needs to restart to install them correctly.
- Click on the Windows button –> Power –> Restart
- Once your PC boots up again, launch Fifa 23
When you launch the game it should successfully boot up without receiving the error message. If that fails move to Fix 3.
Fix 3 – Run As Administrator
If the previous steps have failed we can now start the game with administrative privileges. Close EA/Origin Down and follow the steps below.
- Search for Origin/EA in your start bar
- Right-click on the Origin/EA App –> Run As Administrator
- The Origin/EA App will now boot up in Administrator Mode.
- Launch Fifa 23 and it should now successfully boot.
You can do the same with the EA app as you can see in the screenshot below.
This fix is working for most people who try it but if you are still struggling you may want to try some of these other fixes.
Fix 4 – Try An Alternative Launcher
For some reason, your computer may be running into problems with the specific launcher you are using.
If you are using the EA app try launching it on the Origin App.
If you are using the Origin App try launching it on the EA App.
Before launching the alternative launcher make sure you have fully closed the original launcher through the task manager.
Fix 5 – Repair Game Files
If nothing above has worked so far you can attempt to repair game files. To do this follow the steps below:
- Open the Origin Application
- Go to Game Library
- Click on Fifa 23
- Click on the settings COG –> Repair
- Wait for the game to repair and re-launch it
Your game should boot up perfectly if this fix has worked. You can also do the same on the EA Application if you are using it as your launcher.
Fix 6 – Uninstall Origin
This should be the final step in attempting to fix this issue. You can completely uninstall and re-install Origin. This has worked for quite a lot of people.
- Completely close Origin on you PC
- Click on the Windows button and search for “Add or Remove Programs” and open it.
- Search for Origin and select it. Here you can see the option to uninstall. Uninstall the application.
- Once the un-install is complete, restart your computer
- Once your computer reboots, re-install Origin from the Origin website
- You can then launch Fifa 23 again and it should work
You can also use this fix if you are using the EA App.
Fix 7 – Run Fifa 23 As An Administrator
If running Origin or EA as an administrator hasn’t worked, you can try running the game itself in Administrator mode.
- Navigate to the folder where you installed the game. Usually Local Disk –> Program Files (x86) –> Origin Games –> Fifa 23
- In this folder find Fifa23.exe and right-click on it –> Run As Administrator
The game should now boot up and work without receiving the EA Anticheat error.
Fix 8 – Uninstall EA Anti-Cheat and Re-Install It
The last fix is to uninstall and re-install the EA Anticheat software. You can do this by following the steps below:
- Close the Origin or EA App
- Navigate to This PC –> Local Disk (C:) –> Program Files –> EA –> AC
- Here you will see the EAAntiCheatInstaller.exe. Right-click and run this as administrator.
- When it opens select Fifa 23 from the dropdown and click Uninstall
- Once complete you can click on the install button again to re-install the software.
- Once it has been installed, launch Fifa 23 from your game installation folder and you should be able to run it without any problems.
Hopefully, one of these fixes has worked for you and you can now enjoy playing Fifa 23 as was intended.
Read More From Get On Stream: