NBA 2K23 only recently hit the shelves, and it is only natural that players are encountering various bugs in the game that is preventing them from enjoying the game. You might be one of many people who aren’t able to get any sound after launching the game.
This guide will show you how to fix NBA 2K23 no audio issue through different troubleshooting methods.
No Audio Issue for NBA 2K23 on Xbox
If you have an Xbox One, Xbox Series S, or an Xbox Series X, then a simple solution is to hard reset your Xbox. Hold down the power button for 10 seconds to do so. Do NOT unplug your console to restart it, as this can damage your console.
After starting the console back up, start the game up again, and everything should be working normally.
Fixing No Audio Issue On PC (NBA 2K23)
If you have the no audio issue for NBA 2K23 on PC, here’s how you can fix it:
Verify Integrity on Steam
For PC players, the first step would be to verify the game’s cache on Steam.
- Open your Steam client and scroll down to NBA 2K23.
- Right-click it, and open properties.
- Click on the “Local Files” tab.
- Select the option, “Verify integrity of game files”.
- Let the check run, and it will redownload missing files.
When downloading a game through Steam, some files can be lost. This option, however will quickly remedy any problems you’re having in the game.
Reinstall / Update Your Audio Drivers
Your audio drivers may possibly be outdated. To update them, follow the steps below by heading to the control panel.
- Hold down the Windows and X keys.
- Click on Device Manager.
- Expand “Sound, video and game controllers.”
- Right-click and uninstall the device you’re using as your primary audio device (in my case it’s Arctis 7 Game).
- Restart, and your drivers will be reinstalled.
- Repeat the above steps, and instead of clicking on “Uninstall”, update your drivers this time.
- Reboot the system again to apply the changes.
Delete the NBA 2K23 Config
The NBA 2K23’s config file has some key settings that may not be there in the first place due to a pre-existing error.
- Browse to C:\Users\your_username_here\Documents\NBA 2K23\Settings
- Delete the config file for NBA 2K23.
- Relaunch the game, and it should create a new config file with all in-game settings reverted to default.
Note: Deleting your config files will also remove all other changes made to your settings, like your controls, graphics, and audio settings.
Change Bits & Frequency
This is a hit-and-trial method, and we’ll be trying out different bits and frequencies from the sound settings to see which one works to give us audio in NBA 2K23.
- Go into your sound settings by right-clicking the speaker on the tray at the bottom-left.
- Scroll down and click on “More sound settings”.
- Right-click your primary listening device under “Playback” and click “Properties”.
- Click on the “Advanced” tab.
- Change the bits and frequencies until the audio in-game works.
Download and Install DirectX
Another method is to download the latest version of DirectX and install it.
- Open up your browser, and go to DirectX’s website.
- Download the latest version.
- Run the .exe and install DirectX.
- Restart your game.
The audio issue for NBA 2K23 is a fairly uncommon one and is mostly a result of outdated firmware or other pre-existing software on your PC that may be conflicting with the game itself.
Luckily, most of these issues had already been troubleshot with the game’s previous iterations and can be easily fixed by following the steps mentioned in this guide.
Read More From Get On Stream: