Have you just picked up an Elgato stream deck and are trying to figure out the best ways to use your new deck? One of the most useful features of the Stream Deck is using it to launch programs that you regularly use.
This will be a dedicated button on your stream deck that will launch your favorite game or launch OBS when the button is clicked. Let’s jump in and show you how to launch games & apps with the stream deck.
How To Launch Games & Apps With The Stream Deck
There are two ways to set this up on your stream deck. The first is by dragging and dropping an application directly onto a button. The second is adding the button manually. Select the method you want to use below and follow the steps.
Create A Button By Dragging & Dropping
This is the easiest method to create a button that opens applications. Follow the steps below to create your button:
- Open the Steam Deck application on your computer
- Click on the Windows start button on your computer and search for the application you want your Stream deck to launch
- Right-click on the application and click on Open file location
- This will open the location of the shortcut that launches the program. Click and drag this file into your Steam Deck program and drop it on the button you want to launch the app.
You have now successfully created a button that will launch a specific application on your computer using your stream deck. Just click the button and it will launch the application you have selected.
You may also be interested in 10 Interesting Ways To Use Your Stream Deck
Create A Button Manually
The second method is to create a button manually inside the Stream deck software. Follow the steps below to manually create a button that launches games and applications.
- Open the Steam deck application on your computer
- On the right hand side of the Steam Deck software navigate to System –> Open
- Drag the Open function onto the button that you want to open your application.
- Give your button a Title
- Click on the 3 dots on the right-hand side. This will open file explorer where you can find the shortcut that launches the program you want to launch. You can usually find these on your desktop or on your C drive.
- Click on the open button. Your button is now ready and will launch your application when you click it.
Stream Deck will also pull in a logo for the program you are launching so it looks good on your stream deck.
How To Launch A Website From Your Stream Deck
You can also launch websites you frequent, directly from your Stream Deck. To do this follow the steps below:
- Open the Stream Deck application on your computer
- On the right-hand side scroll down to System –> Website
- Drag the website function onto the button you want to use
- Give your button a Title and add the URL that you want the Stream deck to launch when the button is pushed
You have now successfully created a button that launches a website that you frequent. Just click the button on your stream deck to launch the website.
You may also be interested in the Top 5 Places To Get Stream Deck Icons
Now you can quickly launch the apps you use most on your computer, directly from your stream deck. This can be really handy for launching apps or websites you frequent while streaming.
I personally use it to open OBS when I want to stream, as well as launch Warzone as that is the game I play most. Let us know down in the comments what you will use this button for.
Read More From Get On Stream: