If your Discord server is growing rapidly you are probably thinking about starting to add mods or admins to the server. Mods help to keep the chat clean and delete spam, as well as potentially help other users with problems they may be having on the server.
As the server owner or streamer this takes some load of these tasks from you. You can then focus on more important tasks. In this article we are going to show you how to add a Mod to your Discord server. Let’s jump in.
How To Make Someone A Mod On Discord?
Follow the steps below to make someone a mod on your server.
- Open the Discord application or web app on your computer
- Navigate to the server you want to add an admin to
- Click on your servers name in the top left hand corner and then click on “Server Settings”.
- On Discord Servers we have something called “Roles”. Here we can create a role for “Mods” or “Admins”. Each “Role” can have different permissions. There is no “default” mod role on discord. The server owner creates the role and gives it custom permissions.
- To create a Mod role click on “Roles” in the settings section and select “Create Role”.
- On this tab you can start creating your Mod role. The first section is “Display”. Here you can set your role name “Mod”. You can then select the color of the role. This is the color of these peoples names in chat. You can also add an image for the role if you like. Save your settings.
- The next tab we want to setup is permissions. This is essentially the level of access your Mods will have. Click on the Permissions tab and start selecting or de-selecting the permissions your mods should have. This will differ depending on the server. Below these step there is a list of recommended mod permissions you should add.
It is very easy to toggle on and off permissions in this section.
- Next up is adding members as a Mod to the server. Click on the manage members section –> Add Members. Here you can select which members you want to have mod permissions on your server. After adding a member click on “Save Settings” and you have successfully added a new mod to your server.
Discord Mod Permissions – Recommended
Below are a list of the recommended Mod permissions for a mod on your server. You may want to remove or add some extra permissions depending on the nature of your server.
- Ban Members
- Kick Members
- Read All Text Channels and See all Voice Channels
- Send Messages
- Manage Messages
- Read Message History
This is essentially the minimum access your mods should have. You may want to add more.
You now know how to add a Mod or Admin to your Discord server using this quick and easy guide. Managing your server will be a whole lot easier with the help of your mods.
Read More From Get On Stream: