Discord is the biggest chat platform for gamers, streamers and hundreds of other communities. When it comes to talking about the latest games or even movies in a discord some people may get upset if you spoil something on them. After all there is nothing more annoying than having a movie you have been so excited to watch spoiled.
Fortunately Discord has included a feature that allows you to mark a message as a spoiler. So, as long as you trust the people in your server you can ask them to use the spoiler feature when talking about new releases. As you are on this article, you are one of the good ones #nospoilers.
In this article we are going to show you how to mark messages as spoilers on Discord. Let’s jump in.
How To Mark A Message As A Spoiler On Discord
Follow the steps below to mark a message as a spoiler:
- Type your message into the message box and highlight the text by click and dragging over it or double clicking.
- The edit bar will appear when you highlight the text. Click on the eye button to activate the spoiler.
- Once you have done that the message will appear like the below. You can now send the message to your chat and it will be hidden.
- The message will appear blacked out once sent into the chat. If the person wants to view it they can click on it to reveal the spoiler.
You can also create a spoiler by wrapping the text in bars || . For example you would send || Test Spoiler Text ||.
How To Mark An Image As A Spoiler On On Discord
You may also want to mark an image as a spoiler. Follow the steps below to mark images on Discord as a spoiler.
- Click on the plus icon beside the the message section on discord and click on “Upload a file”.
- Select the image you want to upload. You will see it in the message section before sending it to the chat. Click on the eye button to mark it as a spoiler.
- You will now see the image marked as a spoiler and can safely send the image into chat.
- You will now see the message in chat, marked as a spoiler.
How To Mark A Message As A Spoiler On Discord Mobile
The easiest way to create a spoiler on mobile is by wrapping your text in bars.
- Enter your text in discord
- Add || to either side of the text you want marked as a spoiler
- Send your message
For example you would send || Test Spoiler Message || into the chat and it would appear blacked out.
How To Disable Spoiler Tags On Discord
Admins of servers have the power to disable spoiler tags on their discord. You can also disable spoiler tags for your own account so you will never see a spoiler tag. The messages will all just show to you.
- Click on the settings icon on Discord
- Navigate to “Text & Images” on the left hand side.
- In the show spoiler content section you have three different options.
On Click – This will show the spoiler box which you can reveal on click. This is the best option if you don’t want to see spoilers.
On Servers I Moderate – This shows all spoiler content immediately on any server you moderate.
Always – This means you will always see spoiler content.
Now you can have conversations on Discord about the latest games and tv shows without ruining it for everyone else. The spoiler tool is a great feature in discord which we would love to see implemented in other applications as well.
Read More From Get On Stream: