If you are streaming on youtube, it can be frustrating when viewers’ comments do not show on your browser in real-time. Especially when there is an issue while streaming, or a question is asked that is fundamental to the rest of your video, you may want to address it first before moving on.
For instance, your voice may be unclear or there are static noises in the background, you do not want to put your viewers through an entire video of distractions that can end up ruining the delivery of your message in the video.
To make sure that you can see the comments viewers are making on your video while streaming, and reply to them whenever you see fit, make sure to read through this article on how to see comments while streaming on Youtube. Let’s begin.
Setting Up Live Chat On Youtube Livestream
Live chat is an essential tool to monitor discussions on your platform while streaming. Here, you can exchange ideas with your viewers and answer any questions they may have while streaming. You can also gather thoughts and ideas on your livestream that can help improve on your future videos.
The next section will breakdown how to see comments while streaming on youtube.
- On the Youtube Livestream home page, fill in the details of your new stream video.
- Scroll down to the Audience section and indicate whether your stream video is made for kids or not.
Please note that live stream videos that are made for kids do not have the live chat feature, therefore, you will not be able to see comments while viewing.
- Click Next
- In the Customization section, under Live Chat, select which option you would like.
Live chat replay means that you will be able to replay viewers’ comments at the end of the video.
- Scroll down and click Done. You will then be able to see a preview of your new stream video settings with the live chat window at the right side of the screen.
- On the Top Chat window, click the drop-down icon
- Click the Top Chat or Live Chat option to select whether to filter incoming messages like potential spam, or to allow all messages
- To reply to a viewer’s comment, click in the chat box that says ‘Say something…’ and start typing your message, then hit Enter or click the Send icon
- To reply to a specific user’s message, start by typing ‘@’ followed by their username and hit send
- When you’re ready to start streaming, click Go Live.
How Do You See Comments On Youtube Livestream With OBS Studio?
There is a way to hack real-time viewing of comments from OBS Studio. Here’s how.
- Click on More on the upper right corner of your live chat box and select Popout chat.
- Then, copy the link of the Popup live chat window that appears on your screen.
- Afterwards, Click the + icon on the Sources window at the bottom of your OBS Studio.
- Select Browser and on the Create/Select Source window that appears, select Create new and type in the name of the live chat of your livestream video.
- Then click Ok.
- Paste the copied link to your youtube live chat in the URL section and click Ok.
You should now see the live chat window pop up on OBS Studio
How Do I Comment On Youtube Livestream Chat?
Before commenting on a Youtube Live chat, you will need to have a valid Google account.
- Create a Google account and sign in with your email and password. If you do not sign in to a valid Google account, you cannot post any messages at all.
- Choose the Live Stream you would like to watch.
- To comment on a youtube livestream chat, click in the chat box that says ‘Say something…’ and start typing your message, then hit Enter or click the Send icon to the right of the chat box.
Youtube Livestream chat allows you to see comments while streaming on youtube. It helps you monitor your viewers engagement in real-time.
While multi-tasking might seem difficult especially with a multitude of comments coming in, this feature can help make the difference between a successful live stream and one that misses the mark.
Read More From Get On Stream: