Disboard is a site that allows people to find Discord servers that they might be interested in. You can connect your server to Disboard and it will show up when someone searches for a server in your niche.
However, on the front page of Disboard there is a section for “Bumped Servers”. This means that these servers have been “bumped” to appear at the top. When you are bumped to the top you have a chance to get an inflow of server members if your server is interesting.
In this article, we are going to show you how to set up Disboard bot to grow your Discord server. Let’s jump in and get started.
How To Set Up Disboard Bot
To set up the Disboard bot you will need to have a server already created that you want to promote. If you don’t check out our guide to creating a Discord server. Once that is set up, you will need to add your server to the Disboard site. Follow the steps below to do that.
Disboard Bot Invite Link
You can access the Disboard Bot invite link on the official Disboard Website.
How To Add A Discord Server To Disboard
- Go to the Disboard website and log in with your Discord account. If it is your first time logging in, it will ask you to authorize your account.
- Click on the “Add New Server” button to add your server to your Disboard account
- A pop up will appear where you can select one of the servers that you own. Select the server you want to add to Disboard
- Once you have selected your server, you need to add some information to describe the server to people who potentially want to join. Add your server language, Category and tags that are relevant to the server. You can then give your server a compelling description to entice people to join.
If your server is NSFW select the NSFW option. If you want to your server to be found make sure to select the Public option.
Click Save to add your server to Disboard.
- You will then be asked to confirm that you allow Disboard to access your server. Click on Continue –> Authorize
Your server has now been added to the Disboard site.
We now need to add the Disboard bot to our server.
How To Add The Disboard Bot To Your Server
Follow the steps below to add the Disboard bot to your Discord server:
- Navigate to the “Your Servers” section on Disboard
- Click on the “Add Bot” button below your server
- Once you have added the bot you need to head over to your server and set up the bot permissions. Navigate to your server and type /invite [Welcome Channel] into the message section. Replace [Welcome Channel] with the channel you want new users to be sent to when they join.
You have now successfully changed your invite link and add the Disboard Bot to your server.
The last thing we need to do is bump our server if we want it to be seen on Disboard.
How To Bump A Server On Disboard
Bumping your server on Disboard moves your server to the top of the list, getting it seen by more people on the homepage. Follow the steps below to bump your server:
- Go into your discord server and navigate to one of your channels
- Type /bump in the chat and hit enter
Your server has now been bumped to the top of the Disboard list and you have a better chance of getting more users into your server.
You can create a separate channel specifically for bumping your server. This means that anyone can come in and bump the server if it has not been recently bumped.
How Often Can You Bump On Disboard?
Disboard allows you to bump your server every two hours. If you try to bump before the 2 hours you will receive a message from the bot in your chat, letting you know how long is left before you can bump again.
Can A Bot Bump Disboard?
Unfortunately, another bot cannot interact with Disboard bot. This means that you will not be able to bump Disboard with another bot. The best solution is to offer rewards for people who bump your server.
If you know how to use Python you can potentially run this “Undetectable bot” created and uploaded to Github however this does require a knowledge of coding.
You now know how to set up Disboard bot to grow your Discord server. The more often you bump your server the more likely you are to get more and more eyeballs on your server. If your server looks interesting enough, you should be able to pick up some new members from Disboard.
Read More From Get On Stream: