Ready to take your Discord sound quality to the next level? Well, Soundpad offers an easy solution for you. Using the Soundpad, you can up your sound quality for a better user experience on Discord.
Soundpad is a Windows application that acts as a middleman between your microphone and Discord application. This way, you can use Soundpad to customize your Discord sound delivery to suit your needs.
To make sure you don’t sound too low or too loud, you can use Soundpad to help you normalize your volume to suit your voice. Additionally, if you want to add music or play pre-recorded sounds when chatting, then Soundpad will help you select music presets or record your own sound effects.
In this article, I will show you how you can set up Soundpad on Discord. I will also explore the major features you need to know for the best user experience. To start using Soundpad on Discord, here’s how you can set it up in three easy steps.
How To Set Soundpad Up On Discord
- The first thing you need to do is download the Soundpad software application. Soundpad is a Windows software application that you can download on your computer from the Soundpad website. You can even download it through steam if you prefer.
- Next, install the Soundpad software then restart your computer. Once done, open the Soundpad application on your computer that should look similar to this.
- You can now log on to an active Discord server and play the sound you want on Soundpad by clicking the play button at the upper-left side of the screen.
For instance, to play the cue sound, select ‘cue’ from Soundpad and press play.
How To Set Up Hotkeys On Soundpad
Soundpad uses hotkeys to ease playing different sounds mid-session. If you want to maintain a full-screen Discord window, and still play sounds from Soundpad with ease, then you can set memorable hotkeys for quick access.
You can set your desired hotkey for each sound on Soundpad, preferably a key that you can remember easily whenever you want to play that specific sound on Discord.
Here’s how to set up hotkeys on Soundpad.
- Open Soundpad on your computer and scroll through the list of sounds available to you.
- Right-click on the sound you would like to set a hotkey for, then click on Set hotkey. You can press on any key you prefer. When you’re done, click OK. Now each time you press that key, Soundpad will play the selected sound through your microphone to Discord.
Other features on Soundpad
Beyond playing sound effects on Discord in high digital quality, Soundpad offers additional features that make it useful not only to Discord but to other voice applications as well. Here’s a list of these features.
A useful feature to integrating Soundpad with Discord is normalizing your voice. This feature essentially makes your loud sounds quieter and low sounds louder so that the overall volume of your recording is in line with your actual voice.
Here’s how to access the voice normalization feature on Soundpad.
- So first, open your Soundpad app, and click on File at the top of the screen.
- Next, click on Preferences, and select Audio at the top menu. You should see Volume normalization at the top-most section of the window. Soundpad recommends selecting Dynamic volume adjustment for achieving sounds with the same loudness.
- If you’d like to adjust the volume of your voice, then click on the icon next to Voice volume to test the range of your voice. When you’re done, click Apply, then click OK to save changes.
In case you want to add custom sounds to your Soundpad list, then you can use Soundpad to record and edit new sounds. With the pre-paid version that goes for $4.99, you can record limitless sound effects in high quality, and start playing them while chatting on Discord. Here’s how to do this.
- While you’re on the Soundpad application, click on Window at the top menu and select Sound recorder.
- You will see a sound recorder appear at the top of your screen. To the left, check the box next to the speaker icon if you’d like to record your speaker or the one next to the microphone icon if you’d like to record your microphone.
- To start recording, select the blue circle on the right side of the sound recorder.
- When you’re done recording, click on the red circle to the right of the recorder. Your new recording will then appear on the list of sounds available on your Soundpad.
And there you go! With this guide, you should be able to use Soundpad with Discord with ease. You only need to run Soundpad and Discord at the same time, set up hotkeys for quick access, and start to enjoy a seamless chatting experience with high digital sound quality. Do let us know of any questions you may have in the comments.
Read More From Get On Stream: