Recently I hopped onto Apex Legends for the first time in a long time on my computer. With the hype of Warzone dying down and everyone moving to Apex, I thought I would give it a go.
I jumped in and headed straight to the settings menu to set up my Video Settings. I have 2 monitors on my PC and I game on the second monitor. Its 144hz refresh rate is a must for a game like Apex. However, when it came to switching to my gaming monitor it wasn’t so simple. There is no option to simply switch your monitor input in the menu.
In this article, I am going to show you how to switch monitors in Apex Legends so you can play on a second monitor. Let’s jump in.
How To Switch Monitors In Apex Legends
Unfortunately, Apex did not make it easy to switch over these monitors. Most game have an option to switch between outputs on your computer but Apex does not.
There are three methods you can use to change monitors on Apex:
Change Monitors Using Steam Big Picture
If you are using the Steam version of Apex Legends this is the best way to change the monitor you are using. Follow the steps below to change your monitor:
- Open Steam and enter big picture mode by navigating to View in the top bar –> Big Picture Mode
- Navigate to settings in big picture mode
- Go to the Display section and select your second monitor. You may also want to adjust your resolution to the resolution of your target monitor.
You should now be set up and running in full screen on your second monitor after following these steps.
Switch Monitors Using A Keyboard Shortcut
If you want to play full screen on your second monitor (which you probably do) then you will want to use this method.
- Open Apex Legends in full screen from the options menu.
- Once the game is on full screen, hold down Windows key + Shift + Arrow Key. Click the arrow key in the direction of the screen you want to switch to.
- Your game should now switch to your second monitor in full screen mode
Switch Monitors In Windowed Mode
If you do not want to play in full-screen mode and are okay playing in windowed mode you can simply drag your window onto your second monitor.
- Open your Apex Legends Video Settings
- Select windowed mode
- Drag your window to your second monitor
- Change your resolution in Apex Legends to the same resolution as your second monitor.
You can now play on your second monitor, however it will be in windowed mode which isn’t the ideal playing format.
Hopefully one of these methods has helped you to switch monitors on Apex Legends. If you have two monitors and one of them is designed for gaming, you want to make sure you use it! Enjoy gaming the way you intended in Apex Legends.
Read More From Get On Stream: