You may have blocked someone on Twitch and now, for whatever reason you want to unblock them. You may have blocked them as a joke or because you didn’t want them to see your content. Whatever the reason is, now you wan to unblock them.
There are multiple ways to unblock someone on Twitch both on a web browser and the mobile app. Let’s jump in and show you how to get started.
How To Unblock Someone On Twitch Web Browser
There are two ways to unblock someone on your Twitch web browser. One is through your settings and the second is through chat.
How To Unblock Someone In Twitch Settings
Follow the steps below to unblock someone using the Twitch Settings:
- Navigate to Twitch.tv on your browser and login to your account
- Click on your profile picture in the top right hand corner –> Settings
- In the settings tab click on Security and Privacy in the top bar. Scroll down to the Privacy section –> Blocked Users. Click on Show blocked users.
- Here you will see a list of all the users you have blocked on Twitch. You can click on the “Unblock” button to unblock them.
You have now successfully unblocked that user in your Twitch settings.
How To Unblock Someone In Twitch Chat
You can also unblock someone directly from your own Twitch chat. To do this follow the steps below:
- Navigate to Twitch.tv and log in to your account
- Click on your profile picture in the top right hand corner of Twitch and click on Creator Dashboard
- In your creator Dashboard navigate to the chat panel in the bottom left hand corner
- Type in the chat box /unblock [username]. Make sure to replace username with the account name you want to block on Twitch.
You have now successfully unblocked someone on Twitch using the chat function on your browser.
You may also be interested in How To Know If You Are Banned On A Twitch Channel
How To Unblock Someone On The Twitch App
There are also multiple ways to unblock someone on Twitch Mobile. You can either do it via your settings or the Twitch chat.
How To Unblock Someone On The Twitch App – Settings
Follow the steps below to unblock someone on Twitch mobile:
- Open your Twitch mobile app and click on your profile picture in the top right hand corner.
- Click on Settings then Security and Privacy in the menu.
- In the Security & Privacy section scroll down to blocked users. Here you can select the user you want to unblock. You can do this by clicking the the Unblock button.
How To Unblock Someone On Mobile Twitch Chat
You can also unblock a user by using a command in Twitch chat. Follow the steps below to unblock someone using the chat function.
- Open the Twitch app on your phone
- Navigate to any stream on Twitch
- Type /unblock [Username] in the chat (Replace [Username] with the username of the person you want to unblock).
- You will then be prompted to confirm that you want to unblock the user. Click on confirm.
You have now successfully unblocked the user, using the Twitch chat comand.
You can now quickly unblock any user you want to on Twitch. Make sure you really want to unblock them before taking any action. After all, you probably blocked them for a good reason.
Read More From Get On Stream: