One of the best parts of gaming is being able to jump in and have fun with your friends while playing a game you love. These days, most people use Discord to communicate while gaming. If you have just picked up a Steam Deck, you may be wondering if you can use Discord on it. Let’s jump in and find out.
Can You Use Discord On The Steam Deck?
Yes, you can install Discord on the Steam Deck through Desktop mode on your console. This means you can use Discord and chat with your friends while gaming on the go.
How To Use Discord On The Steam Deck
Follow the steps below to install Discord on your Steam Deck:
- Click the power button on your Steam Deck and select “Switch To Desktop”
- Open the “Discover Software Center” by clicking on the icon in the bottom left
- Use the search bar in the top left to search for Discord
- Click on the install button beside Discord to start installing the application on your Steam Deck
- Open the Steam Application in Desktop mode. Navigate to Games on the top bar and select “Add a Non-Steam Game to My Library”
- Find Discord in the list, select it and click “Add Selected Programs”. Discord will now be added to your Steam account
- Go back to Deck UI mode. Go to your games library and navigate to your Non-Steam games. Click on Discord and it will start downloading the necessary files.
- Once it opens, log in to your account and you are ready to use Discord on your Steam Deck
You have now successfully installed Discord on your Steam Deck and can talk to your friends while gaming.
Best Headset For The Steam Deck
If you want a great budget-friendly wireless headset for your Steam Deck that can be used with Discord, we recommend the Razer Barracuda X headset as our go-to. It provides excellent audio quality and is also wireless making it great for the Steam Deck.
Now you can enjoy playing your games with friends and chatting to them on Discord while playing from your Steam Deck. Thankfully, Discord functionality is available on the Steam Deck or it would have been a big letdown for the console.
Read More From Get On Stream: