The Nintendo Switch is an amazing console. Even though it’s handheld it’s actually a great multiplayer console as well. When you connect your console to a TV and fire up some controllers you can game with yours friends locally.
However, the Nintendo Switch only comes with two joy-cons. If you want to play with more than 2 people you will need another 2 joy-cons or you could use other controllers you have in your house. In this article, we are going to take a look at how to connect an Xbox Series X controller to the Nintendo Switch. Let’s jump in.
How To Connect Xbox Controller To Nintendo Switch
Unfortunately, the Nintendo Switch does not support Xbox controllers out of the box. If you want to use Xbox controllers, you will need to purchase an adapter. The best one of the market is currently the Mayflash Magic NS 2.
This allows you to connect Xbox One, Xbox Series X or even a Playstation 4 controller to your console.
While this will set you back a few dollars, it is much cheaper than purchasing more joy cons especially if you already have a lot of controllers lying around your house.
Follow the steps below to connect the Xbox Controller to your Nintendo Switch using the Mayflash Magic:
- Plug the Mayflash Magic into a USB port on your Nintendo Switch Dock (You can also connect it to the switch itself using the dongle which came with the Mayflash)
- Turn your Switch on and navigate to the settings menu.
- Go to Controllers and Sensors and turn on “Pro Controller Wired Communication”
- Now select Change Controller Grip/Order
- Connect any Joy Cons you want to use on the console and make sure they are mapped to a controller slot
- Press and hold the button on top of the Mayflash Magic for 5 seconds to switch modes. Select the Nintendo Switch Pro Controller Mode
- Tap the same button to start pairing mode on the Mayflash Magic
- Press and hold the pairing button on the back of your Xbox controller. The light on your Xbox controller will start flashing letting you know it is in pairing mode
- Your controller should now connect to the Mayflash Magic and be available for use on your Nintendo Switch
So that’s all you need to do to connect an Xbox Series X or Xbox One controller to your Nintendo Switch. You can enjoy playing games on the Nintendo Switch with your friends without spending a lot of money on controllers.
How Many People Can Play Locally On Nintendo Switch?
The Nintendo Switch allows for up to 8 people to play together at one time locally. This will obviously depend on the game you are playing and how many people can play it at one time.
Enjoy playing multiplayer Switch games without having to spend a boat load of money on controllers. The Mayflash Magic is a great way to utilise existing controllers lying around your house.
Read More From Get On Stream: