Who is Pestily?
Pestily is a 32-year-old ex-Australian Army soldier and former Fire-Fighter named Paul. He became addicted to gaming in his teenage years, when he played Half-Life for the first time. Half Life was one of the most popular FPS (First Person Shooting) Games of the era.
After leaving the army, he started live streaming games on Twitch and Youtube, and in parallel, he started a job as a Fire-Fighter to meet his expenses.
In 2018, he gained a decent fan following that made him realize it was time to go all in on streaming. So, he quit his job and streamed several games including CS-GO, MU Legend, and Escape from Tarkov, and won the Breakout Creator of The Year award in December 2018 at the Australian Games Awards.
Although he streamed a lot of games, the game whose stream made him famous around the world was “Escape from Tarkov”.
Up to January 2021, he has streamed 6510 hours of this game, which counts as 90% of his total streaming time. Escape from Tarkov released loot drops on Twitch for the game which allowed Pestily to explode in popularity. He ended up streaming for over 48 hours straight on this stream and quickly became the most popular Tarkov streamer on the platform.
When a streamer gets as popular as Pestily has they want to know what he runs in his setup. That’s exactly what we’re going to break down in this article.
Currently, Pestily’s Stream Setup is an absolute power house. He runs a single PC stream setup with a beast of a computer.
Pestily’s Custom PC
Pestily has built his own custom PC. In one of his videos, he described it as his dream PC, and we can see how happy he was during this PC build. Following are some key components of his custom-built gaming machine.
What Motherboard Does Pestily Use?
The foundation of his PC is a Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Xtreme Motherboard with built-in Bluetooth and a wifi-adapter. The main purpose of this motherboard is to utilize the full potential of all 8-cores of one of Intels most powerful processors. It also works fabulously with overclocked CPUs which is great for gamers.
- Supports 9th and 8th Gen Intel Core processors
- Dual Channel Non-ECC Unbuffered DDR4, 4 DIMMs
- Intel Optane Memory Ready
- 16 phases IR digital VRM solution with power stage
- Cutting-edge thermal design with Fins-Array heatsink, direct touch Heat pipe and Nano carbon baseplate
What is Pestily’s Processor
This (Intel’s i9 9900k) 3.60 GHz processor having 8 cores and running 16 threads with a max turbo frequency of 5.0 GHz is truly a beast. It supports overclocking so that gamers can use its full potential and get a lag-free smooth gaming experience. It’s a beast when it comes to gaming and streaming at the same time.
You shouldn’t run into many frame rate issues when running this setup.
- 8 Cores / 16 Threads
- 3.60 GHz up to 5.00 GHz / 16 MB Cache
- Compatible only with Motherboards based on Intel 300 Series Chipsets
- Intel Optane Memory Supported
- Intel UHD Graphics 630
What GPU Does Pestily Use?
Pestily uses the Gigabyte AORUS GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Xtreme 11GB. This is more than enough to power any gaming setup. This GPU will give you more than enough power to run your games while the i9 CPU powers your stream.
However Nvidia have recently launched new cards with more power and great pricing. I would recommend checking out the new RTX 3070 as a price to performance equivalent.
- Powered by GeForce RTX 2080 Ti
- Nvidia Turing architecture & Real time Ray Tracing
- Windforce 3x stacked cooling System; PCB Form: ATX
- Metal Back Plate with RGB AORUS logo illumination
- 4 years warranty (online registration required)
What Monitor Does Pestily Use
Pestily has an Acer Predator XB271HU 27-inch as his main monitor for gaming and editing. Equipped with the latest NVIDIA G-Sync technology, this monitor is truly a beast that also has the immunity of in-game screen tearing. The other noticeable thing about this monitor is its IPS display that means the picture quality will not drop from any angle.
It supports a maximum resolution of 2560×1440 (WQHD) with a refresh rate of 144Hz has a response time of 1ms GTG. This is important when it comes to playing FPS games like Pestily. Having a higher Hz or refresh rate will give you a smoother gaming experience allowing you to see your enemies before the competition. Moreover, this monitor has an aspect ratio of 16:9 support more than 16 million colors crossing 160Hz refresh rate with overclocking and brightness at 350 cd/m².
- 27″ Display (16:9 Aspect Ratio)
- 2560 x 1440 (native and maximum) Resolution
- .233mm Pixel Pitch
- Panel Type: IPS
- Signal Inputs: 1 x Display Port & 1 x HDMI 1.4 Port
What Peripherals Does Pestily Use?
Pestily is using various brands for his peripheral devices. Mouse, Keyboard and Headsets, and mousepads belong to Corsair and he uses a Logitech webcam. The audio interface and microphone are Rode.
What Mouse Does Pestily Use?
Pestily uses the Corsair Sabre, an extremely light-weight gaming mouse with a very high 10000 DPI support and accurate tracking. This mouse has adjustable RGB colors and a refresh rate of up to 1000 Hz, along with additional (8 programmable) buttons. The dimensions (12.5 x 8.6 x 3.8 cm or 4.9 x 3.4 x 1.5 inches) and design reveal that it has a pretty comfortable grip. People having different palm sizes can use it comfortably.
- Light weight — Just 100g total weight. React more quickly and play longer with less fatigue
- 10000 DPI optical sensor and multi-color DPI indicator – Confident, high-accuracy tracking makes every click count
What Keyboard Does Pestily Use?
Pestily use the Corsair K95 RGB Platinum keyboard.
Equipped with an extra row of G-key and RGB support, the CORSAIR K95 RGB PLATINUM keyboard looks like a gem in Prestily’s Stream Setup. This keyboard has Cherry MX Speed Key-Switching tech blended with an ultra-lite aluminum frame (weighing 1.3 kg or 2.93 lbs).
- Aircraft grade anodized brushed aluminum frame: Built to withstand a lifetime of gaming. Lightweight and rugged durability, necessary for a keyboard that’s going to see a lot of action
- 8MB profile storage with hardware macro and lighting playback: Allow access up to three stored profiles on the go, independent of external software. Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, or Windows Vista
What Webcam Does Pestily Use?
One of the most used and popular webcams among streamers is Logitech C922. The major benefit of this webcam is its simplicity along with its ability to capture video at 1080p resolution. This peripheral device comes up with a clip that makes it easy to mount on top of any monitor and thus increases its usability. Compared to other options like DSLRs or more expensive webcams it’s definitely the bang for your buck choice.
- Full high-def 1080P streaming stream and record vibrant, true-to-life video. The glass lens and full HD 1080P captures the most exciting details, bright and natural colors in fluid video at 30Fps, while the 78-degree field of view accommodates up to two people. You can use the app to zoom and pan The camera.
What Headset Does Pestily Use?
Pestily currently uses the Corsair Virtuoso, an uncommon yet very powerful headset with wireless support. It has an RGB color scheme and a wireless range of more than 58 ft. It supports 7.1 surround sound with a sensitivity of more than 108dB and a frequency reach of up to 40000 Hz. It has rechargeable battery support, which lasts more than 19 hours.
- Experience uncompromising sound quality and immersive 7. 1 surround Sound with a matched pair of precisely tuned 50 millimeter high-density neodymium speaker drivers, delivering a frequency range of 20hz-40, 000Hz – double that of typical gaming headsets.
- Long-lasting Comfort to wear all day with Premium Memory foam ear pads that conform to the shape of your head and a lightweight pillow-soft headband.
What Microphone Does Pestily Use?
Pestily uses the Rode Podcaster Microphone. This is a top class XLR microphone which sounds crisp. When it comes to your stream sound quality is one of the most important things. The Rode podcaster leaves nothing to be desired.
- Featuring a tight polar pattern and tailored-for-voice frequency response
- Perfect for every application where a great sounding, rugged microphone with superior ambient noise
- Internal shock mounting of capsule for low handling noise
- Internal pop-filter to reduce plosives
- Includes stand mount, 3/8 inch adaptor and zip pouch
Pestily also uses the Corsair Gaming MM350 Extended XL an anti-fray cloth gaming mousepad, which provides smoother movement of mouse with a larger surface area for mouse tracking and rotations. Unlike other mousepads, this mousepad does not slide or move alongside mouse movement, which makes it a more viable choice for gamers and streamers.
- Extended XL Size: Cover your whole gaming area with a massive 930mm x 400mm (36. 6” x 15. 7”) surface, giving ample room for your mouse, keyboard and more
- Extra Thick Comfort: Stay in the game longer with 5mm plush rubber construction that also helps smooth out uneven desktop surfaces
So that is Pestilys streaming setup in a nutshell. If we have missed anything please let us down below so we can update this setup!