You may have seen the invisible status on Discord and wondered what it meant. In this article, we are going to explain how the invisible status works and what it means to have it activated on Discord.
What is Invisible Status On Discord?
Being invisible on Discord means that you are appearing offline to others. You can still access Discord and chat with people however it will appear to everyone on servers and your friend list that you are offline.
You may have previously had someone messaging you but their status stated they were offline. In that situation, it is likely that the person was using the Invisible status as they did not want to be bothered.
When you’re in invisible mode on Discord your icon will appear as a grey circle looking like you are offline.
How To Enable Invisible Mode On Discord Desktop
- Open Discord on your browser or desktop
- Navigate to your profile image in the bottom left corner and click on it
- Here you can select the invisible status
- Once you have selected invisible status your little icon beside your profile image will change to a small grey circle, looking like you are offline.
You are now Invisible on Discord.
How To Appear Invisible For A Specific Amount Of Time
If you are like me and are quite forgetful, you may forget to change your status back. This will mean people will always see you as offline. If you don’t want this to happen you can set a specific time to be invisible for using a custom status.
Follow the below steps to create a custom status in Discord:
- Open the Discord app
- Click on your profile picture in the bottom left-hand corner
- Click on “Set A Custom Status”
- Here you can add a custom message letting people know your status. You can also set a time for the status to “Clear”. Once this time runs out it will revert back to the default. In the status section set it to invisible to appear offline.
You will now appear offline for a set amount of time.
How To Set Your Status To Invisible On Discord Mobile
You may also want to set your status to invisible while using Discord on your phone. To do this follow the steps below:
- Open the discord app on your phone
- Click on your profile image in the bottom right-hand corner
- On your profile page just below your name, there is an option to “set status”
- Click on “Set Status” and set your status to invisible
You will now be invisible on Discord. This will switch your status across your account meaning that you will be invisible on both mobile and desktop applications.
Can I Still Message People While Being Invisible?
Yes, you still have full functionality in discord when you are in invisible mode. You will be able to message back and forth with friends and post on servers. The only thing being invisible does is not show you as being online to your friends and servers.
Will I Get Notifications In Invisible Mode?
Yes, when you are in the invisible mode you will still receive messages and notifications as normal. If you do not want to receive these notifications you will have to mute those discord servers manually.
Why Would I Want To Use Invisible Status On Discord?
Being invisible on Discord is like setting your phone to do not disturb. If you are working, streaming, or playing a game and don’t want people to bother you then appearing invisible is a great option.
Will People Know I Am Invisible On Discord?
No, people will not know that you are invisible on Discord. Being invisible looks exactly the same as just being offline. People will just assume that you are not currently logged into discord.
If someone is messaging you on Discord but it looks like they are offline then they are likely in invisible mode.
Now that we have looked at all of the features of being invisible let’s go through the steps to appear invisible on Discord.
How Can I Make My Name Invisible On Discord?
By using a little trick with Unicode you can make your actual name on discord completely invisible. We created a full tutorial on making your name invisible on discord.
Check it out if you want to go ghost mode on your friends.
Now you know everything there is to know about the invisible status on Discord. You can now stop being disturbed while you’re trying to work or are in a marathon gaming session. Enjoy your digital peace and quiet.
Read More From Get On Stream: