Have you been on Discord and noticed that your icon on your computer has a little red dot on it. This is normal and there is nothing to worry about. If you like to keep your computer clean and free of notification dots then you are probably wondering how you can remove it. Let’s jump in and find out.
What Is The Red Dot On My Discord Icon?
The red dot appears when you have a notification on Discord. This could be a message in a server or someone private messaging you directly. When you read these messages the red dot will disappear. If you never want the red dot to appear you need to turn off notifications.
You may also see a red dot icon within the Discord app. This red dot is a status indicator that means you are in Do Not Disturb mode. You can change this by changing your discord status. When your status changes to online this red dot will turn green.
How To Remove The Red Dot Icon On Discord App
If you find the red notification dot distracting on your desktop you can turn this feature off completely. Personally I have my turned off at all times as it can distract me when I am streaming. Follow the steps below to turn the red dot feature off:
- Open your discord app on your computer
- Navigate to the User Settings Icon in your discord application
- In user settings on the left hand scroll down to App Settings –> Notifications
- In the notifications section there is a setting called “Enable Unread Message Badge”. Turn this to off and you will not receive the red notification badge on the app icon anymore.
This is the best way to disable the red icon.
How To Remove Red Icon On A Discord Server
If you want to disable the red notification icon on a specific server you can do it using the methods below. If you get a notification in a server you will get a red dot which will count up every notification you get. Let’s take a look at how to disable them.
- Open the Discord application or web app
- Navigate to the server you want to remove notifications for
- You can see I have 27 unread notifications in this server. To remove them hover over the server icon and right click –> Mark as Read.
- Once you click mark as read the notification icon will disappear.
You can now clear all of your servers of notification icons quickly using this method.
How To Change Red Status Indicator On Discord
If you have a red status indicator on Discord it means you are in Do not Disturb mode. This helps to stop people from bothering you while you’re working.
To change this red icon we need to adjust out status. To do this follow the steps below:
- Open your discord application
- Click on your profile picture in the bottom left hand corner
- Select online as your Status and your status icon will turn to green rather than the red icon with black line through it.
Mute A Channel So You Don’t Receive Notifications
If you don’t want to receive notifications from a channel you can mute the channel. This means that no red icons will appear. To mute a server follow the steps below:
- Open the Discord Application or Web App
- Click on the server that you want to mute
- Hover over the server icon and right click
- Click on mute server –> Until I turn it back on
This server will now be muted.
You can now get rid of those pesky little red notifications in your Discord. If you’re an inbox zero type person then you’re welcome. Enjoy being notification free!
Read More From Get On Stream: