Have you just got OBS and have been recording some of your first clips and recordings. Now that you have finished your gameplay session, you want to jump in and start editing the footage. However, you can’t seem to find it. Where does OBS save your recordings?
In this article, we are going to show you how to find your recordings in OBS Studio and how to change where they are saved. Let’s jump in.
Where Are My OBS Studio Recordings Saved?
When you first install OBS Studio on your computer you will be asked to select a storage location for your recordings. If you are anything like me you probably just clicked “Next” without even reading what you were doing.
Find OBS Studio Recordings Using The Following Steps:
- Open OBS Studio on your computer
- Click on Settings in the bottom right-hand corner
- Click on the output tab on the left-hand side and navigate to the recording section
- In the recording section scroll down to “Recording Path”. Here you will see the folder your recordings are being saved to.
- To view all of your recordings copy the Recording path link and open file explorer. Paste the link into the top bar in file explorer and hit enter.
- You will now be in the folder that contains any recordings you have previously made
You have now successfully found your OBS Studio recordings and can drag your footage into your editing software or upload it directly online.
Want to know where Streamlabs Recordings are? Check out Where Streamlabs Recordings are saved
How To Change Where OBS Studio Recordings Are Saved
You may also want to change where your OBS Studio recordings are saved. For example, you may want to record to an external hard drive or just record to a more convenient folder. If that’s the case follow the steps below:
- Open OBS Studio
- Click on settings in the bottom right-hand corner
- In settings navigate to Output –> Recording
- Go to Recording path and click on “Browse”
- Choose the folder or drive you want to save to and click on “Select folder”.
Your recordings will now be saved to that location. You can easily access them whenever you want.
Can OBS Studio Record Without Streaming?
Yes, you are able to record on OBS Studio without Streaming. Just click on the “Start recording” button in the bottom right-hand corner of OBS Studio.
This will record the footage directly to the location that we selected above. All of the features you would use while streaming are also available when recording.
You now know where OBS Studio recordings are saved and how to change the recording location if you need to. Let us know if you have any other questions down in the comments.
Read More From Get On Stream: