Discord is the most popular application for gamers to chat with their friends while playing games online. However, if you can’t hear your friends very well it can be extremely frustrating. In this article, we are going to show you how to fix this problem.
The issue can arise for different reasons. Below we have outlined multiple solutions to fix this problem. You will be back to gaming with full communications in no time. Let’s jump in and get started.
How To Fix Friends Being Quiet On Discord
Below is multiple ways to fix friends being quiet on Discord. We have ordered the list in order of most likely to fix the problem.
Fix 1 – Change Your Output Volume On Discord
If you are unable to hear your friends clearly there is a good chance that your output volume on Discord has been turned down. To change your output volume follow the steps below:
- Open Discord and click on the setting COG in the bottom left-hand corner
- In the settings section, go to the Voice & Video tab
- Here you will see Voice Settings. You will see your output volume on the right-hand side. Make sure your slider is slid to the right and you have the correct output device is selected.
You can now check if you can hear your friends loud and clear again. If not move on to the next fix.
Fix 2 – Ensure Your System Volume Is Turned Up
On your system ensure that your volume is turned up. I know this is extremely simple but it is worth checking. To do this on Windows click on the audio button in the bottom right of your task bar and ensure your volume is set to 100 (or loud enough).
If you have checked that your system volume is indeed up move on to the next step.
Fix 3 – Restart Discord & System
Sometimes Discord may have a bug that a simple restart of the program or your system will fix.
To close Discord completely, follow the steps below:
- Click on the Windows button on your computer and search for Task Manager
- Open task manager and find Discord in the Processes tab. Click on Discord then click on End Task.
- You have now successfully closed Discord. Re-open it and check if you can now hear your friends clearly.
If this method did not work you should restart your whole system and see if that fixes your issue.
Fix 4 – Run Discord As An Administrator
If you still can not hear your friends you should try running Discord as an Administrator. This will allow Discord all the resources it needs to run correctly. To run Discord as an administrator follow the steps below:
- Click on the Windows button in the bottom left of your Desktop and search for Discord
- Right Click on the Discord application and click on “Run as Administrator”
- Discord will open in administrator mode with full privileges.
You can now join a call with your friends to check if you can now hear them.
Fix 5 – Check Your Friend’s Microphone Settings
The problem with your friend’s microphone being quiet might actually be their problem and not yours.
You should ask them to check their audio input volume in their discord settings. They can do this by following the steps below:
- Open Discord and navigate to the settings tab
- Go to Voice and Video
- Slide the Input Volume slider to the right to turn up your input volume
Doing this will make your voice louder for your friends.
Hopefully, by now, you can hear your friends and are enjoying a gaming session. Discord is great when it works but just like all programs, there are bugs sometimes. Hopefully, this guide helped you to solve your problem with friends being quiet in Discord.
Read More From Get On Stream: