If you want the most precision and freedom of movement in a game, the best way to play is with keyboard and mouse. You will see most pros who play competitive shooters playing on keyboard and mouse because it gives them an advantage on the competition.
While most of these pros play on PC, you can actually use a keyboard and mouse on Xbox. While not all games support keyboard and mouse there is a lot of them do. Below is a full list of Xbox games that can be played using a keyboard and mouse.
Xbox Series X Games That Support Keyboard And Mouse
Below is a list of games that currently support keyboard and mouse:
Games With Full Keyboard & Mouse Support
- ARK: Survival Evolved
- Bridge Constructor: The Walking Dead
- Bright Memory
- DIRT 5
- Five Nights at Freddy’s
- Football Manager 2021
- Football Manager 2022
- Gears 5
- Gears Tactics
- Halo Infinite
- Halo: The Master Chief Collection
- Heavy Metal Machines
- Immortals Fenyx Rising
- Metro Exodus
- Microsoft Flight Simulator
- Psychonauts 2
- Sea of Thieves
- Shotgun Farmers
- State of Decay 2
- The Ascent
- The Medium
- War Thunder
- World of Tanks
- Yes, Your Grace
- Zombie Army 4: Dead War
Games With Partial Keyboard & Mouse Support
These games will work with Keyboard and mouse but may require you to use a controller to get through the start screen and enable keyboard and mouse.
- Assassin’s Creed Valhalla
- Boyfriend Dungeon
- Call Of Duty: Black Ops Cold War
- Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare
- Call Of Duty: Warzone
- Call of the Sea
- Destroy All Humans!
- Doki Doki Literature Club Plus!
- DOOM 64
- Maid of Sker
- Phantasy Star Online 2
- Planet Coaster: Console Edition
- Slime Rancher
- Surviving Mars
- Unto The End
- Warhammer: Vermintide 2
Some games will require a controller to initially get setup and get through the start menu. You can then switch over to Keyboard and mouse and enjoy dominating the competition on console.
Some games will only support the keyboard and not the mouse. Usually these games can be played with keyboard only. You will also find that you can only use the keyboard on the Xbox home screen.
How To Use Keyboard & Mouse On Xbox Series X/S
Using a keyboard and mouse on the Series X or Series S is super easy. You don’t need any adapters or crazy settings.
Just plug in your keyboard and mouse into the USB ports on your console. After a few seconds they will register with your console. You should then be able to navigate through your home screen with your keyboard. Load into your favourite game and start testing out playing with keyboard and mouse on Xbox.
Will Using Keyboard And Mouse Give Me An Advantage?
In certain games you may get an advantage over controller players however most games will put you in lobbies with other keyboard and mouse players. For example in Call of Duty Warzone if you were playing against controller players you may get the upper hand. However in Warzone you will get put into lobbies with other Keyboard and Mouse players.
Can I Use A Wireless Keyboard & Mouse On Xbox Series X?
Yes, lots of wireless keyboards will work with the Xbox series X. Just plug in the USB dongle and it should automatically connect. You can check out the video below for a full tutorial:
Keyboards That Work With The Xbox Series S|X
- Ideal for Extended Gaming Sessions Keyboard and mouse lasts up to 43 and 50 hours respectively on a single charge w, lighting disabled (11 and 30 hours w, lighting enabled)
- Hassle-Free Wireless Connection Connects through a single unified 2 4 GHz wireless USB receiver
- Greater Gaming Immersion Colors sync up with gameplay through Xbox Dynamic Lighting
- Magnetic Mouse Docking The retractable magnetic mouse mat helps keep the included mouse from falling off during use
- Specifications Mouse - 16 000 DPI 5G Optical Sensor Keyboard - 1000Hz Ultrapolling 50g actuation mid-height keycaps
- LIGHTSPEED wireless technology for super fast 1 ms report rate
- Romer G mechanical switches deliver quiet, precise mechanical performance and 70 million click life for incredible feel and durability
- Six programmable G keys put custom macro sequences and in app commands at your fingertips.1 Customize G key profiles individually for each app
- Next gen 12,000 DPI HERO optical sensor delivers unrivaled gaming performance, accuracy and power efficiency
- Advanced LIGHTSPEED wireless gaming mouse for super fast 1 ms response time and faster than wired performance
- Ultra long battery life gives you up to 250 hours of continuous gaming on a single AA battery. System Requirements : Windows 7 or later, macOS 10.11 or later, Chrome OS
- Connect using ultra-fast 1ms 2.4GHz gaming-optimized wireless technology, low latency Bluetooth wireless, or USB wired
- 100% Cherry MX Red mechanical key switches with Gold contacts for fast, precise key presses
- Per-key, Blue LED backlighting and large font keycaps deliver vibrant lighting effects
- 128-Bit AES encryption mode helps protect your keystrokes from wireless eavesdropping to keep your personal data safe
- Compact and portable keyless design saves on space and makes travel easy
- Up to 15 hours of rechargeable battery-Powered wireless use, or plug-in via USB wired for uninterrupted gameplay
- Dedicated multimedia and volume controls to adjust your audio on-the-fly
Does Xbox Cloud Gaming Have Keyboard & Mouse Support?
Xbox cloud gaming is a service that allows players to stream Xbox games to TV’s, PCs, mobile devices and more. Recently Microsoft announced that they will be adding mouse and keyboard support for this cloud gaming service. This means you will be able to use a mouse and keyboard, even when streaming your games to one of your devices.
This means that games such as Sea of Thieves, Halo Infinite and Minecraft could see keyboard and mouse support through Xbox Cloud Gaming.
Now you can use your keyboard and mouse on your console. You can enjoy the precision and accuracy of gaming on PC right from your console.
Read More From Get On Stream: