Part of being a streamer is entertaining your viewers and finding ways to get them engaged — and honestly, keep them that way.
There are many ways to engage your viewers. You can talk to and interact with chat, run predictions on your stream, use external services, play minigames and interactive games with chat, and use extensions like Blerp.
What is Blerp?
Blerp is a Twitch extension that allows viewers to use bits or channel points to play DMCA-free sound emotes on your stream.
Let’s take a look at some of Blerp’s best features:
- Up to fifty (50) channel point reward sound emotes
- Bit reward sound emotes
- Viewer walk-on sounds for subscribers and top fans (walk-on sounds are audio clips and sound emotes that play for a specific viewer when they arrive in your chat)
- The ability to customize prices, cooldowns, and allowable ratings (from G – R rated) for sound effects on your stream
- Subscriber only sub boards for different subscriber tiers
- Create and feature sound packs of your top content and clips
- Works with all major broadcasting software
Blerp has 1 million+ audio clips in their library, and each one of them is licensed and DMCA-free! You won’t have to worry about copyright strikes when using Blerp audio but remember that any custom sounds you create are still subject to DMCA rules.
Blerp also has some premium soundpacks available. You can unlock them for a small fee as seen below.
How to Install Blerp on Twitch and OBS
- Installing Blerp is easy. Just make sure you’re logged into your Twitch account and head on over to the Blerp extension page. Click on the ” + Install ” button.
- Once you click the + Install button, the popup on the below tells you that Blerp was installed successfully. Click on the “Configure” button to start setting up your extension.
Clicking on that button will bring you to a new link to click that will take you to Blerp’s configuration page. Click the “Open Config” button.
- Click on the “Login to Blerp with Twitch” button that appears on the configuration page. Once you authorize the extension to integrate with your Twitch account, you’ll be redirected to the config page.
- On the configuration page, the setup wizard will walk you through everything you need to do to get setup on Twitch and OBS.
- Once you’ve set up the browser source on OBS, all you have to do is activate the extension on your Twitch extensions page. Activate it as a component or a panel and you’ll be good to go!
You can find your Twitch extensions page on the URL below or navigate to it through your Creator Dashboard.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can you use Blerp without being an affiliate or partner?
The answer is yes! In fact, Blerp states that many of their most successful streamers have fewer than 1,000 followers. Blerp is great for even the smaller streamers because it adds value and an element of fun while offering another way for viewers to engage. This extension is a fantastic way to build your community over time.
- What is the revenue split between streamers and Blerp?
According to Blerp’s Twitch extension page, the split is 80-20, with 80% of the bits spent going to the streamer and 20% going to Blerp’s developers.
Blerp is a great extension to help streamers build their community, monetize their stream, and give their viewers a fun new way to engage. Getting started is simple — just don’t forget to create a !Blerp command to help teach your viewers what this extension can do!