We all know that Twitch is a massive platform that millions of users enjoy on a day-to-day basis. The high user count is synonymous with the occasional outburst of negativity. Whether this is through the chat system or just negative content in general, it is quite easy to report negative behavior once you spot it.
There are some questions you might have when it comes to reporting users on Twitch, and we’re here to shed some light on the situation and tell you everything you need to know.
Are Twitch Reports Anonymous?
Yes. Twitch reports are completely anonymous and none of your personal information will be displayed to the person you reported. This is because Twitch always tries to make its community welcoming and inclusive, so the report system is anonymous to avoid targeted negativity to whoever reported the user.
How Do You Report Someone On Twitch?
The whole process of reporting someone is quite simple and it boils down to a few steps. Everything you want to do can be done in a minute. Here’s how to report someone on Twitch.
- Find the profile of the person you want to report
- Click on the three dots on the right side of the profile
- Click on Report User
- Answer the questions according to the problem you have with the user
5. Enter any additional information you have about the issue and click on Submit Report
How To Report Someone In Chat
Here’s a quick guide to show you how to report a user in Twitch chat.
- Click on the username of the person you want to report
- Click on the three dots that appear when the new menu pops up
- Click on Report User
4. Specify the reason for your report
5. Follow any other instructions that pop up and click on Submit
That is what the whole process of reporting a user in chat looks like. As you can see, it’s very simple and takes just a minute!
How To Report A Whisper In Twitch
- Click on the cog icon at the top of the whisper message
- Click on the Report User option
- State the reason for your report and fill out any relevant information as needed
How Do You Know If Someone Reported You On Twitch?
There is no real way of getting notified about getting reported on Twitch. The only way you can know that you were reported is if Twitch takes action against you if they decide that the reasons you were reported for are valid. The best way to avoid getting reported is to act properly according to Twitch’s terms of service.
How Long Does It Take For Twitch To Look At Reports?
Twitch has stated that they respond to most reports within 10 minutes of the submission. This is fantastic because you can really see the dedication that Twitch has to its community. Great service like this is the reason Twitch has reached global popularity.
Now you have all of the information you need to help maintain the quality of Twitch and the positive aspects of its community! Most people want to be positive all the time on Twitch, but there are always some outliers that sour the experience for others. We sincerely hope that this has given you answers to your questions and that it has been informative!
Read More From Get On Stream: