Getting the best possible TV for your gaming experiences is very important. When you get a bad TV, you’re going to notice it every time you play and it will eventually drive you crazy.
If you’re an Xbox gamer and you’re looking for a good TV option, then we highly recommend the LG C1 – a 55-inch, 4K OLED smart TV that is extremely useful for gaming and entertainment in general.
However, you can’t just plug everything in and go, as you need to tweak your settings a bit so that the final image of your game is awe-inspiring. We’re going to tell you all about the best Xbox Series X settings for the LG C1!
Best Xbox Series X Settings For LG C1
Once you get your LG C1, you’re going to want to immediately change your settings so your Xbox Series X gives you the best experience possible. Here’s what you should do:
Turn Off Energy Saving
Having Energy Saving enabled can mess with your screen brightness output, randomly dimming the screen when the ambient brightness of the room changes. Naturally, when you perfectly set your brightness setting in a game, it will be annoying when the screen randomly goes dim. Here’s how to turn off energy saving:
- Hold the Options button on your remote control
- From this menu, click on Support
- Then go to OLED Care
- Click on Device Self Care
- Now click on Energy Saving
- From here, you click on Energy Saving Step
- Set it to Off
That’s it! All you have to do to disable Energy Saving!
Enable PC Mode
Enabling PC mode can vastly increase your gaming experience, namely by improving the color spectrum of your TV as well as improving 4K gradation. Here’s how to do that:
- Press the Source button on your remote control
- Click on Home Dashboard
- Click on the three dots at the top-right of the screen
- After that, you’re going to want to click on Edit, then Edit Inputs
- Here, you will notice a few connection options. Click on the small icon next to your Xbox Series X tab and set it to PC
That’s all you have to do for this step.
Manage The Game Optimiser menu
This is a subtle change, but it is still a great improvement for your and your gaming experience.
- Press the Options button on your remote control once
- Click on Game Optimiser
- Scroll down and click on Prevent Input Delay
- Click on Boost
- Under the Input tab, turn on both VRR & G-Sync and AMD Freesync Premium
Now you should notice a bit less input delay on key presses and a slightly more optimized game.
Tweak Your HDR Settings
Now it’s time to take a look at HDR and all the ways you can optimize it for your games. Here’s what you have to do:
- Go to your Xbox settings > General > Tv & Display Options > Advanced > Video modes > Allow HDR
- Now that HDR is enabled on your TV, you’re going to have to go into any HDR game
- Once you’re in, press and hold the Options button on your remote control
- Go to Picture, then Advanced Settings
- Go to Brightness, then click on HDR Tone Mapping
- Enable the HGiG option
- Go to the Color section
- Click on White Balance
- Set the Color Temperature to Warm 50 by moving the slider to the bottom
- Go to the Clarity section
- Turn the Sharpness setting to 0
There are quite a few steps here, but they are all worth it for the best settings you can get on this TV.
Calibrate The HGiG Settings
For this one, we’ll be tweaking the settings on your Xbox. Follow these steps:
- Open the Xbox Settings
- Click on General
- Go to TV & Display options
- Click on Calibrate HDR for games
- This will open the HDR calibration menu. Click on Next
- For Minimum Luminance, move the Darker option all the way to the left
- For Maximum Luminance, move the Darker option all the way to the left, then click on the Brighter option 10 times
- For the next luminance option, repeat the previous step
- Click on Done
There you have it, your TV should be calibrated now.
Enable Dolby Vision
Dolby Vision is a very useful tool to enable on your Xbox Series X console because it can vastly improve the quality of some games, and here’s how to enable it:
- Go to your Xbox Settings and click on General
- From here, go to TV & Display options
- Click on Video modes
- Enable Dolby Vision for Gaming
- Now you want to start up any game and go to the Picture settings, using the same steps we’ve already mentioned
- In the Clarity section, make sure that the Sharpness is turned down to 0
That’s all you have to do to enable Dolby Vision!
Is The LG C1 Worth It For Gaming?
The LG C1 is absolutely worth it for gaming because it provides you with extremely high picture quality and it is packed with gaming features that will generously optimize your performance and experience!
We sincerely hope that your needs have been met with all of the information we have provided, and we also hope that you have learned something new today! Gaming is very important to us so we always strive to deliver the most accurate and high-quality content to you.