Streamyard is an easy to use live broadcasting software. Streamyard makes it easy to stream to your audience, host guests and create video podcasts. In certain situations you may find it useful to share your screen with your audience. If you want to give more context to what you are talking about, showing a website, presentation or video on your screen could be useful to your viewers.
In this tutorial we are going to show you how to Screen Share on Streamyard. Let’s jump in and get started.
How To Screen Share On Streamyard
Streamyard have made it really easy to share your screen. Just follow the steps below to get started:
- Go to Streamyard.com and login to your account
- In your Dashboard navigate to Broadcasts –> Create A Broadcast –> New Broadcast
- Select your Stream Destination –> Give your stream a title –> Click on “Create Broadcast“
- Choose your Microphone and Camera and then click on “Enter Studio“
- When you are in the broadcast room navigate to the “Share Button” at the bottom of the screen and click on it.
- Click on the share screen button. From here you can select what you want to share. You may want to share your entire screen, a window or a specific chrome tab. Select the screen or window you want to share and click on the share button.
- You will now be broadcasting that screen or window to your audience.
You have now successfully shared your screen on Streamyard. The Screen share works like a regular guest in your stream. You can switch between the stream and your camera or choose a layout that has both your screen and camera showing at the same time. You can see how this looks below.
How To Remove Screen Share On Streamyard?
If you are finished with screen share on your stream you can easily remove it by following the steps below.
- Hover over the screen share panel below your main scene. When you hover over the box a button will appear to remove. Click on remove and you will not be able to see the screen share on your stream anymore.
How To Screen Share Google Slides On Streamyard
Streamyard have recently added a feature allowing you to display google slides on your stream. This is really useful if you plan on giving a presentation on your live stream. Follow the steps below to share google slides on your stream.
- Click on the share button at the bottom of your Streamyard studio
- Click on google slides (You can also add other slides directly from your computer).
Streamyard currently supports Google Slides, Powerpoint and PDF. If you want to upload a keynote document, first convert it to a PDF. For this example I will be using google slides.
- You will be prompted to login and connect your google account to Streamyard. Once you are logged in you will be able to search your google drive for the presentation you want. Click on the presentation you want to import and click on select.
- Once you have selected your presentation hover over it in your scene selector and click on add to stream. Your slides will now appear in your active scene.
- You can move back and forth between the slides by using the arrows on the slides scene.
You can now easily present presentations to your audience and provide more value in your streams.
You can now go ahead and stream your screen or presentations to your audience. This can really help to level up your content especially if you are in the education space where showing your screen is extremely helpful.
Read More From Get On Stream: