Stream Elements is one of the best tools to add overlays, alerts and much more to your stream. If you are particular about your branding (which you should be) you may be wondering how you can add a custom font to your stream elements overlays.
In this article I am going to break down how you can add custom fonts to Stream Elements. Let’s jump in.
How To Add Custom Fonts To Stream Elements
To use custom fonts on Stream Elements, follow the steps below. You will need to have the font you want to use downloaded and ready to go. If you don’t know where to get fonts, scroll down and check out where you can get fonts for free.
- Install the font you have downloaded onto your machine. You will need to ensure it is installed before opening Stream Elements. You can do this by double clicking on the font file and following the given steps.
- Once your font has been installed, open your Stream Elements Dashboard
- In your Dashboard click on “Streaming Tools” on the left hand side –> My Overlays
- Select the overlay you want to change the font on and click on the edit button
- Click on a text element of your overlay and select text settings
- Turn the “Enable Custom Font” Toggle to ON.
- In the Custom Font Family box, type in the exact name of the font you want to use. Remember, this font must be installed on your computer. When you type in the exact name you will see the font appear in the “Pick a font section”
You have now successfully added a custom font to Stream Elements. Click on the save button in the top right hand corner. Your new overlay should now also update in Streamlabs or OBS.
You may also be interested in How To Install Custom Fonts In Streamlabs.
Where To Get Custom Fonts For Streaming
There are plenty of websites online where you can purchase or own custom fonts or even sites where you can download thousands of fonts for free. We recommend checking the usage rights of any fonts you plan to use on stream before installing them. If you are streaming for fun and it’s not for commercial purposes you should be able to use most free fonts downloads without issue.
Best Place To Get Free Fonts – Dafont
Dafont is one of my favorite sites to get free fonts that you can use on stream. They have 1000s of fonts to choose from in 100s of different styles. Just do a quick search for the style you are looking and you will be sure to find something.
Best Paid Font Website – Creative Fabrica
If you are looking for paid fonts that you can use commercially I would highly recommend checking out Creative Fabrica. It is a great site to get fonts and bundles of fonts that you can use for your stream and graphics.
Your stream elements overlay should now be looking in line with your brand. Adding a custom font to your designs is a great way to stand out from the crowd when you are streaming.
Read More From Get On Stream: