Discord is a phenomenal platform for millions of users to chat and interact with each other daily. While its primary use is for gaming, it can also be used as a great general conversation platform and it’s even good for schoolwork, as well.
The look of Discord is very sleek and modern so it’s a massive step away from older software. However, just because the design of the app looks great, that doesn’t mean that it won’t get old from time to time.
We’re going to give you all of the information you need to change your basic Discord backgrounds, as well as add some completely new ones with a plug-in. There’s so much to discover with Discord and we hope you can use this information to your benefit!
How To Change Discord Background
The first way you can change your background on Discord is through the dedicated settings inside the app. From there, you can change many aspects of Discord, down to the font size and much more. For our issue, we’re just going to be talking about the basic backgrounds.
- Access your Discord Settings
- Go to Appearance
- Under the Theme section, click on either Dark or Light, depending on which one you want
That’s all when it comes to the basic Discord backgrounds, but you have to admit that they can get old pretty quick. For that, we are going to be adding new themes using an app called BetterDiscord. BetterDiscord is an app that adds various improvements to Discord, from themes to emojis to new plugins.
How To Install BetterDiscord
There really isn’t anything special you need to do to install BetterDiscord since it’s an app like any other. All you have to do is to go to the official BetterDiscord site and click the giant install button in the middle of the site, follow the wizard and that’s it! The entire process shouldn’t take longer than a minute.
How To Add Themes To BetterDiscord
Adding new themes to BetterDiscord is a bit more complicated than the installation process, but it’s nothing you can’t handle. The first time you add a new theme might be a bit daunting, but it only gets easier from there. Here’s how to add themes to BetterDiscord:
- Open Discord and access your Settings
- Scroll down to the BetterDiscord section and click on Themes, then Open Theme Folder
- This will take you to the Theme folder in Windows and this is where you will add all of the themes you download
- Now go to this link to find some themes you might like
- Once you find a theme you like, click on the Download button
- Now you need to drag the newly-downloaded file to the Themes folder we’ve already mentioned
- From here, you want to repeat step 2 until you get back to the Themes section of Discord
- The theme you selected should be there now. Click on the slider on the side of it to enable it
If you’ve followed all of these steps correctly, then your selected theme should be applied and you should be looking at a new and improved version of Discord!
That would be all when it comes to changing your Discord theme! We know that modern software can be a bit repetitive since most of it focuses on being the freshest, sleekest thing you see, but sometimes you just want to change things up according to your tastes. We sincerely hope that you have found what you were looking for and that the theme you select works well for you!