Discord Nitro has premium features such as better profile customization. Besides customizing the profile number tag, animated GIFs can be used to personalize a profile.
If you are subscribed to Discord Nitro and you want to know more about animated profile pictures (PFP), then you are on the right track. We’ll discuss customization features such as how long can a gif Discord PFP lasts and other guidelines.
How Long Can A GIF Discord PFP Last For
Discord allows GIFs that are up to 15 seconds in length. However, the ideal GIF would be 6 seconds or less. The file size is limited to 100MB but if possible, use a smaller size at around 8MB or less.
Why should you use GIFs that are around 6 seconds or shorter?
Anything longer than 6 seconds would look like visual clutter. It will load a little slower too especially if it is more than 8MB.
But that does not mean that you should strictly follow that rule. In the end, it is your Discord profile so do anything you want with it freely.
How To Set GIF As Your Discord PFP
Discord Nitro allows the usage of animated GIFs as profile pictures to its subscribers. If you are already subscribed to Nitro then all you have to do is to follow these steps.
- Open the Discord app
- Go to your account by clicking the gear icon.
- Click on Edit User Profile under My Account
- Click on Change Avatar. You may also click on your profile picture to the right instead.
- A pop-up window will shop. There are two options to choose from. If you have your animated GIF then click on Upload Image. If you do not have one yet, you may click on the Try Animated Avatar and select from the hundreds of options available.
- If you click on Upload Image, select the animated GIF from your computer then click on Open. You may then resize your chosen image and then click Apply. Press ESC and you are done. Feel free to skip the steps below.
- If you do not have your own yet, Tenor GIFs have thousands of options to choose from. Click the Icon GIF or Try Animated Avatar. You may either search or browse through the GIFs available.
- Select a GIF. Adjust the slider to zoom in or zoom out then click Apply to save the changes.
- The Discord GIF PFP will remain in preview if you do not have Discord Nitro yet. But if you already have Nitro then feel free to press ESC because you are done. Enjoy and flaunt your new PFP.
How Big Should A GIF Discord PFP Be
There is no size limit when it comes to Discord profile photos. You may use any image size you want because Discord will compress it once it is uploaded. However, if you want to avoid image compression then upload images that are 128 x 128 pixels in size. This way, Discord will go ahead and upload it as is.
Discord will resize an image if it is too large but it will also allow you to adjust how much it is cropped through a slider.
Why Is Your GIF Discord PFP Not Playing
If you are using Tenor GIFs as your Discord PFP, double-check in the preview if it is working. If not, choose a different GIF instead. If it does not work, try to re-save the animated GIF and upload it manually instead.
Moreover, if it still does not play, try a different GIF that is shorter and has a smaller file size instead. Sometimes, the GIFs do not play if it is larger than 8MB or if it is too long.
Why Are Your Discord GIFs Not Playing Instantly
Discord has something called “Reduced Motion Mode”. It is an accessibility setting that limits the number or intensity of animations in Discord.
This is based on the different settings that your device has. It varies from one OS to another. If you have an OS setting that removes automatic GIFs then your Discord GIFs will not work as well.
Sync with Computer Settings
Discord can match your computer’s settings when it comes to animation like GIFs. To enable this one, follow these steps:
- Open your Discord Settings
- Go to App Settings and Click on Accessibility.
- Look for the Reduced Motion section and click on the check mark if you want to sync your Discord settings with your computer. Press ESC and you are done.
How to Enable or Disable Reduced Motion in Discord
Enabling Reduced Motion in Discord disconnects the app from your OS. Whatever setting your OS has will be ignored by Discord. You may select this option if you want to reduce animations and movement on your Discord.
If your GIFs are not playing instantly, then you need to check if Enabled Reduced Motion is checked. If you want your animated GIFs to instantly play then leave this unchecked.
- Open your Discord App.
- Click the gear icon and access the settings.
- Head on to Accessibility
- Look for Enable Reduced Motion.
- Leave the option unchecked if you want to instaplay your animated GIFs. Leave the next two options checked too so your GIFs would play.
- Press ESC and you are done.
Can You Upload A Discord Animated Banner
Yes, as long as you have Discord Nitro you will be able to change and customize your banner with an animated image.
If you want to upload an animated banner, follow these steps.
- Open Discord.
- Click on the gear icon to access your settings.
- Under My Account, click on Edit User Profile.
- Click on Change Banner then select your Banner from your computer then click Open.
- Click on Save Changes and you are good to go.
If you do not have an animated Discord banner yet, feel free to visit this site to create one for free. But remember, you need Discord Nitro to be able to upload an animated banner on your profile.
That is all that you need to know when it comes to GIF Discord PFPs and animated banners. Follow the guide above and you will be able to have one in no time. Creating GIF avatars is easy as well as animated banners. Just make sure to have Discord Nitro though to not waste your efforts.
Read More From Get On Stream: