Ever wondered if you can use your phone camera for Streamlabs? Especially if you’re just starting out? Well, the advantages of flexible live streaming are undeniable, to say the least. For starters, being able to live broadcast from your phone allows you to move about freely.
This article will guide you on how to make a Streamlabs webcam out of your smartphone. It will take you through easy-to-follow steps on how to add the EpocCam smartphone application to Streamlabs.
With EpocCam, you can start live streaming from your phone using your phone’s camera as a webcam for Streamlabs. Let’s dive right in.
How to Use a Smartphone as a Streamlabs Webcam
There are two things needed to make a Streamlabs webcam out of your smartphone. These are a webcam smartphone application and its computer program counterpart.
How to Install EpocCam on Your Phone
Note that the EpocCam smartphone app is only available to iPhone or iPad users. Also, this guide will take you through installing the free version. Don’t worry though as the free version is more than enough to use as your webcam.
EpocCam is a mobile application. This means that you will need to download and install it on your phone. Here’s how.
- Go to your App Store – and download the EpocCam app, or search for EpocCam on your phone’s app store.
- Next, you will need to download and install EpocCam’s drivers on your computer. This will help connect your mobile EpocCam application to the Streamlabs streaming software. You can go to this link and be sure to select the right computer system. That is the macOS or Windows system types.
- When you’re done with the installations, launch the EpocCam app on your phone. You will be asked to allow your phone to use your camera and microphone. Make sure to accept these permissions for your phone to work as a webcam. Once you’re done with the installation, you should see your camera view on your phone.
- Your computer and your phone need to be on the same network, so make sure that they are both using the same Wi-Fi network. Alternatively, you can use a USB cable to connect your phone to your computer.
How to Connect Streamlabs to Your Phone
To start using your phone as your Webcam you first have to connect it to your PC either wirelessly or through a wired connection (USB).
If you are using Windows OS to connect through USB, you first need to install iTunes.
- Once your iTunes is installed, go to your computer and open the Streamlabs streaming software. Then, navigate to the Sources window at the bottom of your screen and click on the + icon at the upper-right side of the window.
- You will see an Add Source window appear on your screen. Go to Essential Sources and select Video Capture Device, then click Add Source.
- Toggle the Add a new source instead option and enter the name of the source that you prefer. Then, click Add Source.
- You will see a Settings for Video Capture Device window appear on your screen. Here, go to the Device section and change the current device to EpocCam.
- You should see your iPhone feed appear on your display window. Feel free to adjust the size and position of the camera on your screen. You can also change the other default settings as you wish.
- Once done, click Close.
How Much is EpocCam?
EpocCam offers both free and paid versions. The free version is pretty standard and good enough for basic live streaming needs. If you’re a gamer and would like a second webcam to stream yourself while playing, then the EpocCam free version is more than enough.
However, you may want to take on some advanced features. To get these features you will need to get the paid version (EpocCam Pro) which goes for $7.99. With the EpocCam Pro, you will enjoy full resolution capability, no ads and also the ability to use a flashlight.
That is all you need to know about adding EpocCam to Streamlabs. With this guide, you should now be able to live stream to Streamlabs from your phone with ease. You can also move about while streaming and toggle between different devices as you wish.
Read More From Get On Stream: