Discord is getting more popular with more than 150 million average monthly users. It is now the preferred communication platform for gamers, friends, and even professionals. With that, the platform is adding more features such as animated Discord server icons.
You may use animated server icons to add a little flair of personalization to your Discord server. It is a fun way to distinguish yours from thousands of servers available today. Users would also spot your server from their list easily.
Here is how you can do it and its pre-requisites.
How To Use Animated Discord Server Icons
Server owners may customize their Discord icon to differentiate it from other servers. However, regular Discord users are stuck with a static icon. Animated Discord server icons are only available on boosted servers.
There are two ways to activate this feature. You may subscribe to Discord Nitro and apply the free two boosts to your server. This will bring your server to Level 1 and unlock perks such as animated icons.
The second way is to ask your community to boost your server through their Discord Nitro or by direct boosting. This option is a little bit more challenging since you will be asking a favor from strangers.
How To Check Discord Server Level
The first thing you need to do is to check your Discord server level if it is already boosted or not. The higher your level, the more perks, and features you unlock for your server.
- Click on your server name to open up the dropdown menu.
- Click on Server Boost.
- Check your level if you are already eligible or not. You need to have at least a Level 1 server boost to activate animated icons.
How To Make An Animated Discord Server Icon
There are several ways to make an animated Discord server icon. You can create one yourself if you are knowledgeable of software such as Adobe AfterEffects or you can commission a designer to create one for you.
But if you want a quick templated animated icon for free, follow these instructions.
- Visit Creavite, a free animated Discord server icon maker, by typing https://auto.creavite.co/ on your browser search bar. You may also click here.
- Scroll down and click on the “Free Discord Icon Maker”.
- Choose from the animated templates available. Some of these templates have a customizable background and color.
For this example, we are going with the template Neospace.
- Type your Discord server’s channel name. The name section is limited to nine characters. You need to shorten your Discord server name if you want to push through with this method.
- There is a color slider underneath the name section. Use it to customize the color of your Discord icon.
- You may upload a custom background. But you will have to pay the small $0.99 fee or you will have to boost the Creavite server. For now, we are going with the free route so we will leave it as is.
- Once you are done with the name and you have chosen the color, click on Render.
- The rendering process might take a while. You may leave your PC and come back to it later.
- The final renders will show up once it is done. There will be two options available – Animated and Static.
- There are two options when downloading your final render. You may click on the Download button under your choice (animated or static) and it will automatically download a GIF file.
- You are done! Enjoy your new animated Discord Server icon.
How To Upload Your Animated Discord Server Icon
Once you are done with creating your Discord icon, it is time to finally upload it and let your community see it. Here’s how.
- Go to your Discord server.
- Click on your server name.
- Click on server settings.
- Click on your server icon.
- Select the animated icon file. Click on Open.
- Click on Save Changes.
- You now have an animated Discord server icon!
What Are The Other Ways To Have An Animated Icon
As mentioned earlier, there are multiple ways to create an animated Discord icon. Here are some of them so you will have an idea of which route to go.
- Creavite – personalize your Discord icon through awesome templates that are free to use.
- Kapwing – this is a free image and video maker that lets you fully customize your Discord icon. However, this is more advance than Creavite since you need to have a basic knowledge of design.
- Giphy – this is an online database of GIFs that you may use.
- Make A GIF – Like Giphy, it has a database for GIFs that you may use. You may also create your own GIF here.
- Use Adobe Photoshop – Though mainly an image editing software, Photoshop has the ability to create short GIFs.
- Use AfterEffects – This software is more advanced and often used by professionals. But if you know how to work your way around AfterEffects then it is the way to go since its features are more in-depth. You can easily control each movement of the element on your GIF.
- Use Canva – This power tool is popular among social media managers, business owners, and even designers who are up for a quick design. Canva has a Discord icon maker that is customizable. You may then add animation to make your icon pop.
Is It Safe To Use a Discord Server Boost Glitch?
No, not at all. There are reports that a Discord server boost glitch is available online. However, it is not recommended that you go this route as it may result in a ban. You would lose your account and your server dies with it as well since you are the owner.
It is better to opt for a safe and legal way instead of risking your account. The repercussions might even be a permanent ban and not just a temporary one.
Animated Discord server icons are a great way to personalize your server. It is simple to do and free, except for the Discord Nitro requirement and server boosting. But still, using animated icons will make your users spot your server among thousands of communities out there easily. Perhaps, it might even bring a sense of belongingness.
Read More From Get On Stream: