If you have tried to stream Genshin Impact using Streamlabs or OBS Studio you may have run into a few problems. Lots of people experience a black screen when they try to add the game source into the streaming program.
In this article, we are going to show you how to avoid the issue and stream Genshin Impact to your fans using Streamlabs & OBS.
How To Stream Genshin Impact
Due to the way Genshin Impact is built you may experience a black screen when you try to add the game to your streaming software via Window Capture or Game Capture. There are multiple ways to fix this. The first is to run OBS or Streamlabs in Administrator Mode and the second is a little more complicated. Let’s jump in.
Fix 1 – Run OBS or Streamlabs In Administrator Mode
One of the reasons for the black screen appearing is that Streamlabs or OBS Studio does not have permission to capture the game. Follow the steps below to run Streamlabs or OBS in Administrator mode.
- Click on the Windows button and search for your streaming software. In this example, we will be using Streamlabs.
- Right-click on Streamlabs and select “Run As Administrator“
- Select “Yes” when asked to allow this app to make changes to your device.
- Streamlabs will now open in Administrator mode and you should be able to add Genshin Impact as a Game Capture source or Window Capture source.
If this fix does not work you can check out Fix 2 below.
Fix 2 – Using Windowed Mode
If the administrator mode did not work you can next try this fix. By putting your game in windowed mode your software will be able to pick it up and display it correctly in your streaming software.
- In Genshin Impact navigate to Menu –> Settings –> Graphics
- Scroll down until you see the Display Mode setting
- Select a Windowed mode that is lower than the resolution of your monitor
- Open up Streamlabs or OBS and navigate to the sources section. Select the “+” to add a new source to your stream. Add a Window Capture Source and select Genshin Impact from the dropdown menu. Click on Done.
- You should now be able to see Genshin Impact displayed correctly in Streamlabs
You have now solved the black screen problem but now your game is in Windowed mode which can be annoying to play in. If you want to play on full screen you can.
Just go back to your display settings in Genshin Impact and switch back to full-screen mode. When you switch back your game should still be displayed correctly in Streamlabs.
Once you have added the game once in Windowed mode, Streamlabs should pick up the game every time it runs. This means once you do this fix once, you should not have to do it again.
If your PC is struggling to stream Genshin Impact check out our Best OBS Settings For Low End PCs.
You have now successfully fixed Genshin Impact not displaying in Streamlabs. You can now stream this amazing game to your audience without any issues. Enjoy!
Read More From Get On Stream: