Discord is a popular messaging app among gamers. It allows gamers to connect with each other and chat while they are playing games. It’s fast, reliable, and has great features. But what happens if you delete a message by accident? Or what if someone deletes a message that you need? In this article, we will discuss how to view deleted messages in Discord!
Can You View Deleted Messages Directly on Discord?
No, you cannot view deleted messages directly on Discord. Discord doesn’t have that option, but for a good reason. The privacy agreement prevents the platform from holding on to deleted messages. However, there are a few ways to view deleted messages in Discord.
Can Discord View Deleted Messages?
The Discord team also has no access to these messages, partly due to the platform’s design. Discord’s core design replicates the Internet Relay Chat (IRC). The IRC prevents software owners from accessing their users’ communication. This means Discord can’t see what you send from the backend, and hence they’re in the dark when it comes to deleted messages.
How to View Deleted Messages Using Better Discord (Anyone)
Whether it’s out of curiosity, or the need to report an offensive message, at some point, you may want to view a deleted Discord message. Bots like Better Discord can help with this. To view deleted messages using this bot, here’s what you need to do.
- Download Better Discord and install the MessageLoggerV2 plug-in.
- Open Discord and select the Settings Icon.
- Navigate to Better Discord, select Plug-ins and open the Plug-ins Folder.
- Open the folder containing MessageLoggerV2 on your PC.
- Drag and drop the plug-in on the Open Plug-ins Folder.
- Switch on the Activate Plug-in Switch
- A Download Now button will appear on the Missing Libraries window. Click it to download both Xenolib and ZeresPluginLibrary.
- When the download is complete, enable the new plug-ins.
- Then go to the server with the deleted message, right-click the server’s name, click Message Logger, and Open Logs.
- Inside Logs, click on the Deleted tab to read the deleted messages.
Better Discord is effective, and using it cannot get you banned from Discord unless you abuse it.
How to View Deleted Messages Using Dynobot (Server Owners)
If you own a server and want to view deleted messages, Dynobot is an excellent option to help you do this. Follow these steps to use Dynobot to view deleted messages.
- Log in to Dynobot using Discord.
- Click on Manage Servers and select the server you want to manage.
- Open Modules
- Click on the Action Log and then select Settings.
- Go to Log Channel and click Select Channel then choose General
- Below the Log Channel row, you will see an Events column.
- Under the Events Column, check the box labeled Message Deleted and the settings will automatically be saved.
This process activates the deleted message log. This means when a user deletes a message from the selected server, you’ll get a pop-up, and you can get it from the #audits-log.
How to Store Messages Easily
If someone is harassing you and you want to store the content, screenshot it. To screenshot on mobile, use your standard screenshot procedure. For desktop, Windows users can press PrtScn while Mac users press Shift + Command + 4 and select the area to screenshot.
Does Discord Send Others a Notification When I Screenshot?
No, Discord doesn’t notify people that you’ve taken a screenshot. But, you should respect the privacy of a server and avoid taking screenshots unless it’s very necessary.
How to Report a User On Discord
Discord protects its users from abusive behavior by allowing them to report abusive users. Depending on the device you use to access Discord, you can report offensive users in two ways.
How to Report a User on Discord’s Mobile App
If you have a mobile device, reporting a user is fairly simple. To report a person from Discord’s mobile app, you need to use the messaging app itself. Here’s how to do it.
- Find the message you intend to report.
- Tap and hold the message.
- On the pop-up menu that appears, click on Report.
How to Report Offensive Users on Discord’s Desktop App
If you’re using Discord on a PC or Mac, reporting a user is slightly more tricky. This is because desktop Discord lacks the report inbuilt function like with the mobile app one. To report a user on Desktop follow these steps:
- Find your Name icon and tap on the Settings icon next to it.
- Navigate to the Advanced section and turn on a toggle labeled Developer Mode on the page that opens.
- Go back to the message you want to report and right-click on the user’s name.
- Click on Copy ID, paste it somewhere and label it User ID.
- Right-click the message and select Copy ID again to get the message and channel ID. Paste and label this too.
- Right-click on the Server icon and again Copy ID to get the server ID.
- Go to the Official Request Form, select File a DMCA Takedown Request, fill in the Subject and Description sections, submit the IDs, then send your report.
Your report goes to Discord’s support team, and you’ll get an email response once they process and deal with it.
Must I have Screenshots to Report Harassment on Discord?
While screenshots make good evidence, they aren’t a must-have when reporting an offensive message. You can explain the nature of the conversation in question when filling out the description in the form when you report.
There are multiple ways to view deleted messages on Discord, but the ones given here get the work done smoothly for both Server Admins and ordinary Discord users. Should you opt to use them, don’t forget to let us know how it went.
Read More From Get On Stream: